The Pimoroni touch:bit features six handy touch-sensitive buttons and LEDs for your microbit. Use touch:bit as a controller for games on micro:bit's LED matrix, or combine it with the radio functionality and use it as a controller for your robot.
Just slot in your micro:bit, then code touch:bit with the block-based Microsoft MakeCode editor. You can easily link functions to specific button presses, have the LEDs on each button light automatically on a touch, or set the LEDs manually.
Pimoroni have created a set of custom blocks in the Microsoft MakeCode Editor for the touch:bit. To add them to the editor; select the cog in the top right of the editor, then select 'Extensions' from the drop down menu. Now, type end enter Pimoroni into the search bar and select the touch:bit tile. You will now have access to the 6 custom blocks that you can use in your code.
The touch:bit does
notinclude a micro:bit. The micro:bit is available separately; buy microbit here.
- Comes fully-assembled and ready to use.
- 6 capacitive touch buttons.
- 6 bright white LEDs.
- CAP1166 capacitive touch and LED driver.
- Compatible with micro:bit.
- Microsoft MakeCode and MicroPython support.
- No soldering required!
- 1 x touch:bit for BBC micro:bit.
- Length: 66mm.
- Width: 36mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm.
- BBC micro:bit.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.