This Arduino® Compatible RFID Read and Write Module is pre-assembled and offers a cost-effective way of introducing asset tracking technology into your lessons. The module allows you to both read and write MiFare-type RFID cards and is supplied with 2 x MiFare RFID tags (1 x card, 1 x fob).
RFID (Radio-frequency Identification) is a non-contact wireless technology that uses radio waves to communicate/transfer data. RFID technology isn't new but it has continued to be improved year on year and the prices have continued to fall. There are a number of applications that this technology can be used for, such as; Equipment tracking, stock management, booking people into an event, and much more.
When using this system; unique identifying information is written to a tag and the tag can then be attached to the asset, for example, a laptop. The asset can then be scanned out and then scanned back in on its return. The read/write module can also be used to take inventory of the assets still held in storage, this information can then be used to request the return of an overdue asset from the person it was issued to.
Tags can also be issued to people in advance of an event/meeting. On arrival, people can be scanned in, or denied entry and the information can be queried for a list of people still to arrive.
Security is another key use for this type of technology. It can be used to trigger an alarm when the reader and fobs are in close proximity to each other, for example at a doorway. This type of system can be seen working in many retail outlets.
The power requirements for the RFID Read and Write Module is 3.3V and as such, it can be powered from the 3.3V output on the Arduino UNO. Note: Do not attach the RFID module to the 5V Arduino output as this will kill the RFID module.
The Arduino® Compatibility means you have complete control over the system and how the information is to be used in practice. This kit is compatible with all the varieties of Arduino UNO that we stock.
- An Arduino® Compatible RFID module that can read and write MiFare-type RFID cards and fobs.
- Supplied with one card and one fob.
- Track various assets such as equipment, stock, and even event attendees.
- Setup security systems to stop things being removed from a building/room.
- A cost-effective solution for teaching asset tracking technology.
- 1 x An Arduino® Compatible RFID module.
- 1 x RFID Fob.
- 1 x RFID Card.
- Length: 66mm.
- Width: 40mm.
- Thickness: 7mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Alasdair Trench shows us how to make an Arduino based RFID lock using an Arduino® Compatible RFID Read and Write Module. RFID stands for Radio Frequency Identification, a technology which uses electromagnetic...
Alasdair Trench shows us how to make an Arduino based RFID lock using an Arduino® Compatible RFID Read and Write Module. RFID stands for Radio Frequency Identification,...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.