The SparkFun Inventor's Kit (SIK) is a great way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with the Arduino programming language. The SIK includes everything you need to complete 15 circuits that will teach you how to read sensors, display information on an LCD, drive motors, and more. You don't need any previous programming or electronics experience to use this kit.
The full-color SIK Guidebook (included) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes troubleshooting tips if something goes wrong.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for beginners ages 10 and up. The new V3.1 version of the kit includes the SparkFun Mini Screwdriver to secure your RedBoard to its baseplate and replaces the translucent red breadboard with an opaque white breadboard (now you'll be able to clearly see which socket you are inserting your hook-up wires into).
15 Circuit examples:
- Circuit 1: Blinking an LED.
- Circuit 2: Reading a Potentiometer.
- Circuit 3: Driving and RGB LED.
- Circuit 4: Driving Multiple LEDs.
- Circuit 5: Push Buttons.
- Circuit 6: Reading a Photo Resistor.
- Circuit 7: Reading a Temperature Sensor.
- Circuit 8: Driving a Servo Motor.
- Circuit 9: Using a Flex Sensor.
- Circuit 10: Reading a Soft Potentiometer.
- Circuit 11: Using a Buzzer.
- Circuit 12: Driving a Motor.
- Circuit 13: Using Relays.
- Circuit 14: Using a Shift Register.
- Circuit 15: Using an LCD.
- 1 x SparkFun RedBoard.
- 1 x Arduino and Breadboard Holder.
- 1 x SparkFun Inventor's Kit Guidebook.
- 1 x White Solderless Breadboard.
- 1 x Carrying Case.
- 1 x SparkFun Mini Screwdriver.
- 1 x 16x2 White on Black LCD (with headers).
- 1 x 74HC595 Shift Register.
- 2 x 2N2222 Transistors.
- 2 x 1N4148 Diodes.
- 1 x DC Motor with Gear.
- 1 x Small Servo.
- 1 x SPDT 5V Relay.
- 1 x TMP36 Temp Sensor.
- 1 x Flex sensor.
- 1 x Softpot.
- 1 x 6' SparkFun USB Cable.
- 30 x Jumper Wires.
- 1 x Photocell.
- 1 x Tri-color LED.
- 10 x Red and Yellow LEDs.
- 1 x 10K Trimpot.
- 1 x Piezo Buzzer.
- 2 x Big 12mm Buttons.
- 25 x 330Ω and 10KΩ Resistors.
- SIK Guide.
- SIK Guide (Separate Circuits).
- SIK Code Library.
- Dimensional Drawing (Carrying Case).
- FTDI Drivers.
SparkFun Stock Code:
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Hi, that's a tough one. It should work with all those parts if you use the 3.3/5V jumper to set the Galileo to 5V. The notes written though will be for a standard Arduino as they were written before the Galileo existed, as such there might be instructions that don't make sense with the Galileo or parts where the instructions don't work as described.
As the Galileo is so new there aren't many resources around at this time for it. You might want to check out sparkfun's guide here. There isn't a specific Galileo Inventors kit around yet as far as I know but that guide explains how to use simple sensors and LCD displays and other items with the Galileo.
Hope that helps.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.