The LilyPad MP3 Player is your all-in-one audio solution, containing an Arduino-compatible microcontroller, MP3 (and many other formats) audio decoder chip, micro-SD card socket, and a stereo audio amplifier. Part of the Lilypad E-textiles line, this board can be used to give your fabric creations the gift of music, or any other sounds you can put on a micro-SD card.
It can be powered by a 3.7V Lipo battery (charger built-in!), or an external 3.5-6V source.
Off the shelf, it will play specific audio files when any of its five trigger inputs are grounded, or you can solder in an RGB rotary encoder (not included) and load new firmware (included in the link below) to add a user interface for track selection and volume control!
The board is compatible with sketches written for the MP3 Player Shield. Our example code uses Bill Porter's MP3 Player library, which makes writing new code very easy.
All you need to do is add a microSD card and some speakers, and you're ready to rock.
- ATmega 328p microprocessor with Arduino bootloader (Pro 3.3V/8MHz).
- VS1053B MP3 (and many other formats) decoder chip.
- TPA2016D2 stereo amplifier.
- MCP73831 3.7V Lipo charger (preset to 500mA, rate can be changed if desired).
- Headphone jack.
- Five trigger inputs, also usable as analog, serial and I2C ('Wire') connections.
- Load new firmware (or write your own) using the free Arduino IDE.
- 5V FTDI basic breakout for battery recharging and reprogramming.
- Header for optional RGB rotary encoder (not included, requires soldering).
- 1 x LilyPad MP3 Player.
- 3.7V Lipo Battery.
- External 3.5-6V Power Source.
- Eagle Files.
- User's Guide.
- Datasheet (VS1053B).
- Datasheet (TPA2016D2).
- Datasheet (MCP73831T).
- Product Video.
SparkFun Stock Code:
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Hello Helen, Unfortunately we don’t stock the item you have referred to, all the LilyPad items we stock can be viewed here https://www.kitronik.co.uk/e-textiles-conductive-thread/programmable-textiles/lillypad.html
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.