Do you feel like you just don't have a CLUE? We can help with that. Get a CLUE from Kitronik by picking up one of these sensor-packed development boards. The board is the same size and shape as a micro:bit and also features the same edge connector. It can be coded using both Arduino or CircuitPython.
Although CLUE has been totally designed from scratch, it's micro:bit style form factor means it will fit straight into any microbit boards that feature a standard edge connector. This is great news in that it can be slotted straight into Kitronik boards such as micro:bit motor driver, all in one robotics board, 16 servo control board, and more.
The CLUE is designed for projects that use a ton of sensors - and they're all built-in! It can sense acceleration, movement, light, sound, colour, humidity and more! So you can start exploring your world, measuring, logging and learning. You can transmit data over its built-in Bluetooth connection to a computer or mobile device for data plotting and logging, or save it to the built-in storage.
The CLUE also has an array of outputs including a TFT display screen, NeoPixel LED, white LEDs and buzzer/sounder.
Please note that at this time there is no MakeCode or Scratch support for the nRF52840 chipset (of course, we’d love to see MakeCode but there is no ETA when it may be added). While the CLUE is the same outline and we did our best to make the edge-connector pins match up, most cases for the 'bit won't fit the CLUE, and code may not be immediately compatible without adjustment, especially since only Arduino and CircuitPython are supported at this time.
- The same size and shape as a micro:bit, and, featuring the same style edge connector.
- CLUE can slot into the edge connector of any of our suitably outfitted micro:bit accessories.
- Nordic nRF52840 Bluetooth LE processor - 1 MB of Flash, 256KB RAM, 64 MHz Cortex M4 processor.
- 1.3″ 240×240 Color IPS TFT display for high-resolution text and graphics.
- Power it from any 3-6V battery source (internal regulator and protection diodes).
- Two A / B user buttons and one reset button.
- RGB NeoPixel indicator LED.
- 2 MB internal flash storage for data-logging, images, fonts or CircuitPython code.
- Buzzer/speaker for playing tones and beeps.
- Two bright white LEDs in front for illumination/colour sensing.
- Qwiic / STEMMA QT connector for adding more sensors, motor controllers, or displays over I2C. You can plug in GROVE I2C sensors by using an adapter cable.
- Programmable with Arduino IDE or CircuitPython.
- Tons of sensors.
- ST Micro series 9-DoF motion - LSM6DS33 Accel/Gyro + LIS3MDL magnetometer.
- APDS9960 Proximity, Light, Color, and Gesture Sensor.
- PDM Microphone sound sensor.
- SHT Humidity.
- BMP280 temperature and barometric pressure/altitude.
- RoHS compliant.
- 1 x Adafruit CLUE nRF52840 Express with Bluetooth.
- 1 x Built-in Qwiic / STEMMA QT connector.
- Length: 51.7mm.
- Width: 42.2mm.
- Height: 12.3mm.
- Weight: 13.0g
- 1 x USB Cable(For programming).
- Computer with Internet access.
- An adapter cable, if using with Grove sensors.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.