Add motor driving capability to the microbit with the Kitronik compact motor driver board for the BBC micro:bit. This motor driver board allows two motors to be driven simultaneously with forward, reverse & stop control, making it ideal for designs such as buggies. The board has built-in short circuit, over current and thermal protection.
The board includes an integrated Edge Connector for your BBC micro:bit to easily slot into. It also features external connections to the button A and button B inputs. This allows additional switches/inputs to be connected to the motor driver board and the state of these can then be read by the BBC micro:bit.
There are 2 additional inputs/outputs. These can be used for connecting a range of parts and can be used in either digital or analogue modes.
Power is provided via either a terminal block or servo style connector, the supply is then controlled by an on/off power switch to the board. There is a green LED to indicate when the board is turned on. The board also produces a regulated 3V supply that is fed into the 40 way connector to power the inserted BBC micro:bit, removing the need to power the BBC micro:bit directly.
Kitronik has produced a set of custom blocks for the MakeCode editor to simplify using the Compact motor driver board. To add them to the editor, select the cog icon in the top right of the editor. Then, select Extensions from the drop-down menu and in the search bar type and enter Kitronik. Pick the Kitronik motor driver tile from the list and the new blocks will be added to the menu in the editor.
- Ideal for designs such as buggies and other robotics projects.
- Drive 2 motors with full forward, reverse and stop control.
- Terminal blocks for easy connection of motors and inputs.
- The 2 additional inputs/outputs can be used in either digital or analogue modes.
- This board also features an on/off switch and power status LED.
- Includes Edge Connector for the BBC micro:bit to slot into.
- Provides regulated power to the BBC micro:bit.
- Access the other BBC micro:bit pins easily and conveniently.
- Program with the MakeCode editor or with python.
- 1 x Compact Motor Driver Board for the BBC micro:bit.
- Length: 68mm.
- Width: 46.5mm.
- Height: 10.6mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.