The Touch Board is designed as an easy-to-use platform for a huge range of projects. Use the Touch Board to change the world around you by turning almost any material or surface into a sensor.
Paint a lightswitch on your wall, make a paper piano or create a custom interactive surface. Connect anything conductive to one of its 12 electrodes and trigger a sound via its onboard MP3 player, play a MIDI note or do anything else that you might do with an Arduino or Arduino-compatible device.
We want the Touch Board to be easy for everyone to use so we’re shipping it pre-programmed with an audio guide. It's never been easier to start making with an Arduino-based product.
Turn any conductive material into a button or distance sensor. Use Electric Paint to print a button onto an interactive book, make a proximity sensor with a spool of conductive thread or turn the wall of your classroom into an interactive map!
An Arduino that plays music! The Touch Board can play MP3 files off of the microSD card (included), work as a MIDI synthesiser and even send MIDI information to another device (like a laptop or iPad). Connect up a speaker to the 3.5mm audio jack and get going!
The Touch Board is like a supercharged Arduino Leonardo. Program it just like an Arduino, use your existing code and your favourite shields, but don’t forget to check out our awesome libraries and support.
We built the Touch Board with a LiPo battery charger. Connect your LiPo, put your project in a box and charge via USB. LEDs on the board indicate charging status and an ON/OFF switch means you won’t run down your battery when you’re taking a break.
- Touch and Distance Sensing.
- MP3/MIDI and More.
- Arduino compatible (recognised as an Arduino Leonardo in IDE).
- Atmel ATMega32U4 Microprocessor.
- Freescale MPR121 dedicated touch interface.
- VLSI VS1053B audio processor.
- Arduino Shield Compatible (check pins available).
- 32 KB of Flash Memory of which 4 KB is used for bootloader.
- 5V operating voltage (automatic voltage selector for USB or battery operation).
- Built in LiPo battery charging with onboard boost circuit for 5V operation.
- 16 MHz clock speed.
- Can be powered and programmed over USB.
- 20 digital I/O pins (3 used for Touch IC and 5 for MP3 IC – can be disabled).
- 7 PWM channels.
- 12 analog input channels.
- 12 Touch electrodes of which 8 can be configured as extra digital inputs or outputs with PWM capability.
- 84mm x 62mm foot print with maximum height of 10mm (audio connector).
- On/Off switch.
- 1 x Touch Board.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.