Learn how to control an RGB LED with the Raspberry Pi with the Monk Makes Raspberry Squid without having to worry about Ohm's Law.
The Monk Makes Raspberry Squid for Raspberry Pi is a bright RGB LED with built-in resistors that can be plugged directly onto the GPIO pins of a Raspberry Pi. The built-in resistors are a great get out of Ohm's Law free card, just plug and code!
The RGB Squid has four wires, the black wire should be connected to GND on the Pi, with the red, green and blue leads controlling the red, green and blue channels of the LED. See the following table for more information.
|Squid Coloured Lead.||Raspberry Pi GPIO Pin.|
|Black squid lead.||GND (the one between GPIO 18 and 23 is most convenient)|
|Red squid lead.||GPIO 18|
|Green squid lead.||GPIO 23|
|Blue squid lead.||GPIO 24|
There is a downloadable user guide that walks you through how to get set up and then on to how to write code. There is also a downloadable datasheet that covers all of the electrical characteristics and has detailed dimensions.
- Learn how to control a bright RGB LED with the Raspberry Pi.
- The Raspberry squid has built-in resistors that can be plugged directly onto the GPIO pins of a Raspberry Pi.
- No soldering (or Ohm's Law) is required.
- The downloadable guide has everything you need to get going straight away.
- 1 x Monk Makes Raspberry Squid for Raspberry Pi
- Length: 125mm.
- A Raspberry Pi.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.