These 32GB SD cards for Raspberry Pi 4 come preprogrammed with the Raspberry Pi OS. Raspberry Pi OS, previously called Raspbian, is the official operating system for the Raspberry Pi 4. This version of the Raspberry Pi OS also comes with recommended software that will install when you boot up your Raspberry Pi 4/Raspberry Pi 400 for the first time.
Although there are many OS choices available for use with the Raspberry Pi, this OS is recommended for new users as it is quick and easy to set up and comes with everything you'll need to get going straight away. Anything else you might need can easily be installed via the desktop.
Out of the box, it comes with the Chromium internet browser, a full office suite, coding editors including Scratch and Thonny, games such as Minecraft, and much much more. Ready for use straight away and provides everything you need for a full desktop experience!
The SD card acts as your computer hard drive, containing the operating system, installed software and all of your personal files. This is compatible with Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi 400 computers.
Note: These pre-programmed SD cards are for the Raspberry Pi 4 and are not suitable for the Pi 5.
First boot: Pop the SD card into your Raspberry Pi/Raspberry Pi 400. Ensure that you have your mouse/keyboard and monitor connected, then connect the power. After a short time, you will be greeted with the setup wizard. The wizard set-up consists of;
- Setting up your country information.
- Choosing a password for logging onto the system**.
- Setting up the screen.
- Network/Wi-Fi setup, you'll need your Wi-Fi password handy for this. You can skip if you don't wish to have it online at the moment.
- It will then ask you if you want to update all software. We recommend updating as this will ensure everything on your system is up to the minute. NOTE: The update can take quite a while to complete, it may even seem that it has stopped working. Just wait it out and it will be completed in due course.
- Then reboot to save and apply all settings.
** Pick a password that is secure and that you won't forget. The password allows you to sign in and is also required when performing some actions, such as installing software.
After Set up: Once you've completed the setup wizard and rebooted you will now be on the Raspberry Pi OS desktop. If you've only ever seen windows, the layout should be quite familiar to you. Although the taskbar is across the top by default, it has a similar general layout to a Windows taskbar. If you click on the Raspberry Pi logo, the menu will pop up that contains the categories for the installed software. More software can easily be installed via; Pi Logo/Preferences/Add-remove software. You will also find a help section in the menu that contains an extensive list of documentation to walk you through pretty much any task.
- These 32GB SD cards for Raspberry Pi 4 come preprogrammed with the Raspberry Pi OS.
- It also comes with recommended software pre-installed.
- Very user/new user friendly.
- Out of the box, it comes with the Chromium internet browser, a full office suite, coding editors including Scratch and Thonny, games such as Minecraft, and much much more.
- It comes with everything you need for a full desktop experience.
- Easy to set up and configure.
- The SD card acts as a hard drive for the Raspberry Pi, it contains; the operating system, installed software and your personal files.
- Raspberry Pi OS offers a familiar desktop experience.
- Most of your day-to-day needs can be done straight through the desktop.
- If you need to get technical you have easy access to a command line.
- Add/remove software from the desktop via the Pi logo/preferences menu.
- There is a wealth of installed help documentation to walk you through just about any task.
- The OS is built on top of Debian Linux, giving you access to, amongst other things, the power of apt. Full info in the help files.
- Debian is known for being super stable and the Raspberry Pi OS allows you to take advantage of this in a completely user-friendly way.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi & Raspberry Pi 400.
- 1 x SD Card for Raspberry Pi - 32GB Pre Programmed.
- Size: 32GB.
- Form: microSD.
- Contains: Raspberry Pi OS & recommended software.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.