Pimoroni HyperPixel 4.0 is a high-resolution, high-speed 4.0" TFT display for your Raspberry Pi with capacitive multi-touch. Use it to; control your projects, display information/news, for streaming/media playback, or just use the Pi without having to worry about space or cable management. It'll work with any 40-pin version of the Pi, including Pi Zero and Pi Zero W. It features a vibrant IPS display, with wide 160-degree viewing angles, custom-made cover glass, and the alternate I2C interface is broken out for advanced users.
If you're using it with a larger Pi then use the extra 40-pin header that's included to boost it up to the required height. If you're using a Zero or Zero W then just pop it straight onto the GPIO. The included standoff kit allows you to mount your HyperPixel 4.0 safely and securely to your Pi. Just screw them into the posts on the underside of the HyperPixel 4.0 PCB and then secure them with screws through the mounting holes on your Pi.
From the GitHub repository you can find a list of active branches and which Pi/display combination they support. It is recommended that you install via this one-line installer:
curl -sSL https://get.pimoroni.com/hyperpixel4 | bash
When prompted, pick the combination of Pi and Touch screen that you will be using. Note: A HyperPixel4 setup for Pi 3B+ or earlier will not readily work if you move it over to a Pi 4, you should run this installer again to update the drivers.
- A high-resolution, high-speed 4.0" TFT display for your Raspberry Pi with capacitive multi-touch.
- Control your projects via the touchscreen.
- Use it to display information/news or for streaming/media playback.
- Or just use the Pi without having to worry about space or cable management.
- It features a vibrant IPS display, with wide 160-degree viewing angles.
- The alternate I2C interface is broken out for advanced users.
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models.
- One-line installer.
- High-speed DPI interface.
- 4.0" IPS (wide viewing angle, 160°) display (86.4x51.8mm).
- 800x480 pixels (~235 PPI).
- 18-bit colour (262,144 colours).
- 60 FPS frame rate.
- Contrast ratio: 500:1.
- Capacitive touch.
- 40-pin female header included to boost height for Pi B+, 2, 3, 3B+ and 4.
- 1 x Pimoroni HyperPixel 4.0 - Hi-Res Display for Raspberry Pi.
- 1 x 40-pin header.
- 1 x Standoff kit.
- Length: 97mm.
- Width: 58.5mm.
- Height: 12mm.
- Display Width: 86.4mm.
- Display Height: 51.8mm.
- Resolution: 800 x 600 pixels.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.