Automate your environment with the Pimoroni Automation HAT Mini for Raspberry Pi. Monitor and control systems of up to 24V and see their status on a vibrant full-colour LCD 160x80. It may be small in size but it's crammed full of functionality. It has an onboard relay, three buffered inputs, three outputs, and three analogue outs. The Automation HAT Mini is perfect for all sorts of home automation projects, such as; intelligent greenhouse sprinklers, scheduled fish feeding, or controlling low voltage lighting systems, lamps and LEDs.
All of the inputs and outputs, and the relay, on Automation HAT Mini are 24V-tolerant and many low-voltage systems in-home devices (and also in cars) run on either 12V or 24V. Automation HAT Mini is a great way to monitor and control them.
Use the buffered inputs to sense the on/off state of your devices, or get more granularity with the analogue inputs that measure the input voltage with 12-bit accuracy. The sinking outputs can sink a total of 500mA across the three channels. For higher-current loads, you can use the relay that can tolerate up to 2A at 24V, and take advantage of the normally open or normally-closed sides to give the correct failover state.
We've added a female header on the underside of the board with the correct pinout for the Pimoroni breakout range.
The is a super simple Python library to take advantage of all of Automation HAT Mini's functions, with examples to get you started. The library also contains information on installing the Mini HAT on a Raspberry Pi, which includes a one-line installer.
- Do not use to switch mains voltages.
- Loads for the outputs should be switched on the ground side, i.e. 12/24V (from supply) -> load -> output terminal -> ground (from supply)
- The relay can tolerate up to 2A each and should be switched on the high side
- The accuracy of the ADC is ±2%.
- The sinking outputs can sink a maximum 500mA total across the 3 outputs, so if you use a single channel you can sink the whole 500mA across it.
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models.
- Fully assembled (no soldering required).
- 0.96" colour LCD (160x80).
- 1 x 24V @ 2A relay (NC and NO terminals).
- 3 x 12-bit ADC @ 0-24V (ADS1015) (±2% accuracy).
- 3 x 24V tolerant buffered inputs.
- 3 x 24V tolerant sinking outputs.
- 3.5mm screw terminals.
- Pimoroni breakout-compatible pin header.
- Mini HAT-format board.
- 1 x Pimoroni - Automation HAT Mini for Raspberry Pi
- Length: 65mm.
- Width: 30mm
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.