The Pimoroni Grow Mini HAT for Raspberry Pi is a compact monitoring system, designed specifically for plant care. It will monitor your plant's growing conditions and display the information on the onboard 160x80 pixels screen, issue a call to action via an onboard buzzer, or perform an action via a connected external device such as a pump. This board is compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models.
The board features a screen, 4 x navigation buttons, a buzzer, light/distance sensor, 3 x connections to capacitive moisture sensors, I2C connections, and 3 x connectors for controlling 5V low current devices, such as; pumps, motors, valves, solenoids or lights. Included with the board are 3 x moisture sensors and 3 x 35cm moisture sensor cables.
Having three separate moisture sensors means that you can monitor moisture levels in three different pots at the same time. As the sensors are capacitive and not resistive, they are less prone to corrosion over time.
There is a Python library on GitHub that includes code examples for each part of the board. Additionally, there is code for a full plant monitoring application, so you can get up and running straight away. Included within the application is a basic UI so you can alter settings from the Grow HAT. Full instructions on how to get up and running can be found in the Getting started Guide. Alternatively, you can opt for the super fast method, via the single-line installer below.
curl -sSL https://get.pimoroni.com/grow | bash
- It offers a compact plant care system that monitors conditions, displays its status, attracts your attention, and can take action on your behalf.
- Monitor moisture and light levels and code Grow to control external devices such as pumps to ensure your plants stay in optimum condition.
- Monitor moisture levels in three pots at once.
- Featuring 4 x navigation buttons, a buzzer, light/distance sensor, 3 x connections to capacitive moisture sensors, I2C connections, and 3 x connectors for controlling 5V low current devices.
- Included with the board are 3 x moisture sensors and 3 x 35cm moisture sensor cables.
- Grow HAT Mini specifications:
- IPS LCD (0.96" 160x80 pixels) screen.
- Four tactile buttons.
- Piezo buzzer.
- LTR-559 light and proximity sensor.
- 3 x JST SH 3P connectors for capacitive moisture sensors.
- 3 x Picoblade 2P-compatible connectors with MOSFETs for turning low current 5v devices on and off.
- Pimoroni breakout-compatible pin header.
- Mini HAT-format board.
- Fully assembled.
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models.
- 1 x Grow HAT Mini.
- 3 x Moisture Sensor.
- 3 x Moisture Sensor Cables (35cm).
- Grow Length: 66mm.
- Grow Width: 31mm.
- Grow Height: 10mm.
- Sensor Length: 99mm.
- Sensor Width: 10mm.
- Sensor Height: 5mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.