The Raspberry Pi Pico, it's; small, fast, highly affordable, and incredibly versatile. Brought to you by the same team that delivered the Raspberry Pi computer, this brand new microcontroller is set to take the physical computing world by storm. It's built around the powerful, Pi designed, RP2040 Dual ARM Cortex-M0+ @ 133MHz chip that also features 264KB internal RAM and support for up to 16MB of off-chip Flash. The board is fully loaded with the hardware and flexible I/O options that make this board perfect for beginners and experts alike.
The Pico is supplied with a full set of pre-soldered headers attached to the board. As soon as you unpackage it, it's ready to go. It can be plugged straight into a breadboard or have jumper wires connected straight to it and your soldering iron need not even be plugged in.
Unlike the Raspberry Pi computers, the pico has no operating system. Instead, the board is programmed to do only the tasks that are required of it in the project it will be used for. It can be programmed with the C/C++ SDK or with MicroPython. Code on your Desktop Computer/Pi and then transfer via USB to the Pico. There are a number of options when it comes to coding editors. We've favoured using Thonny as it is beginner-friendly by design. It's also available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, including Raspberry Pi.
The board features a USB port and 40 main user pins, 30 of which being GPIO pins. They include 4 anologue outs, 2 UARTs, 2 SPI controllers, 2 I2C, 16 PWM channels, and 8 PIO. Note: Pico IO voltage is fixed at 3.3V.
- A USB cable is NOT supplied. USB cables capable of data transfer and power are available separately here.
- No soldering required.
- The Raspberry Pi Pico board is a new cutting edge microcontroller that features the Pi designed ARM-based dual-core RP2040 chip.
- The RP2040 is a Dual ARM Cortex-M0+ @ 133MHz chip.
- 264kB on-chip SRAM.
- Support for up to 16MB of off-chip Flash memory.
- Pre-soldered header pins so no user soldering required.
- Micro USB port, power and data.
- Drag & drop programming via USB.
- 40 user pins, including; 26 multi-function GPIO pins, 2 × SPI, 2 × I2C, 2 × UART, 3 × 12-bit ADC, 16 × controllable PWM channels.
- Code it with C/C++ SDK or with MicroPython.
- The Pico is supplied with pre-soldered header pins that are compatible with breadboards, standard jumper wires, and
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Pico (with pre-soldered headers).
- Length: 51mm.
- Width: 21mm.
- I/O Holes Pitch: 2.54mm.
- I/O Hole Diameter: 1mm.
- I/O Pad Width: 1.6mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Python is a language that allows you to organise your code into sections easily. At its most basic, this is the writing of a function, where code can be called...
Python is a language that allows you to organise your code into sections easily. At its most basic, this is the writing of a function,...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.