Buy locally from a partner
BBC micro:bit with Kitronik Inventor's Kit and Accessories plus ZIP LED add-on pack
A BBC micro:bit with a Kitronik Inventors Kit for the BBC micro:bit, a 1M anti-tangle USB Cable, a Battery Cage and 2 x AAA Batteries. Your BBC micro:bit will come in one of 4 colour schemes, unfortunately, it is not possible to specify which colour.
The Kitronik Inventor's Kit for the BBC micro:bit is a great way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with the BBC micro:bit. This Inventor's Kit contains everything you need to complete 10 experiments.
To get you off to a flying start, we have included an easy-to-follow tutorial book which guides you through everything you will need to know about programming the BBC micro:bit. You don't need any experience with programming as the tutorial book will guide you every step of the way.
The BBC micro:bit has a selection of pins that are located on the bottom edge of its PCB. By using our specially designed Edge Connector Board for the BBC micro:bit in conjunction with the breadboard it is easy to use these pins to connect additional components to the BBC micro:bit.
Inventors Kit Add-On Packs:
The Kitronik Inventors Kit offers a great introduction to the world of physical computing. Its 12 experiments showcase how code and electronics can combine to create real-world everyday practical solutions to situations and problems. But why stop there?
The three add-on packs for the inventors kit have been specifically devised to introduce you to additional useful aspects of practical physical computing.
- ZIP LEDs Add-On Pack for Kitronik Inventors Kit for micro:bit - Learn how to write code to take control of ZIP LEDs and to respond to input from components such as potentiometers and sensors.
- Noise Pack for Kitronik Inventor's Kit for the BBC micro:bit - Learn how to manipulate sound, build instruments, amplify your sounds, and how to shape your sounds with Filtering and EQ.
- Digital Logic Pack for Kitronik Inventor's Kit for the BBC micro:bit - Learn how logic gates work and how they can be used with the micro:bit.
- This Kit requires assembly.
- This product ships with a micro:bit.
- No soldering is required.
- No soldering is required - build your first circuit in minutes!
- Make 10 experiments included in the provided step-by-step tutorial book.
- All parts are included to conduct the 10 experiments (listed below).
- Small Prototype Breadboard and Edge Connector Board are included for fast prototyping.
- 1 x BBC micro:bit V2.
- 1 x Kitronik Inventors Kit for the BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x Mounting Plate.
- 1 x Potentiometer - Vertical Type (finger adjust) 100K.
- 1 x Finger Adjust Spindle.
- 2 x Plastic Spacer 10mm.
- 1 x Sticky Fixer for Battery Pack.
- 1 x Small Prototype Breadboard.
- 1 x Terminal Connector.
- 4 x Push Switch.
- 1 x Motor.
- 1 x Transistor.
- 2 x Red 5mm LED.
- 2 x Orange 5mm LED.
- 2 x Yellow 5mm LED.
- 2 x Green 5mm LED.
- 1 x RGB 5mm LED.
- 1 x Fan Blade.
- 5 x 2.2KΩ Resistor.
- 5 x 10KΩ Resistor.
- 5 x 47Ω Resistor.
- 1 x Edge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit.
- 10 x Male to Male Jumper Wires.
- 10 x Male to Female Jumper Wires.
- 1 x 470uF Electrolytic Capacitor.
- 1 x Piezo Element Buzzer.
- 4 x Pan Head M3 Machine Screw.
- Depending on which booklet version your Inventors Kit shipped with, you will have one of the two following components;
- 1 x 1M Anti Tangle USB Cable.
- 1 x Battery Cage.
- 2 x AAA Batteries.
- Computer with Internet access.
- 1 x Phillips Screwdriver.
- 1 x Terminal Block Screwdriver.
Note:Due to Country specific trademark restrictions, there may be some Countries that we are unable to ship the BBC micro:bit to. In the unlikely event that this occurs we will fully refund your purchase.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
|Exp No#.||Experiment Name.||Resource Type.|
|1||Say Hello to the BBC micro:bit.||Further Help.|
|2 Pre V1.7||Using an LDR and analog inputs.||Full Experiment + Further Help.|
|2 V1.7||Using a Light Sensor & analog inputs.||Full Experiment + Further Help.|
|3||Dimming an LED using a potentiometer.||Further Help.|
|4||Using a transistor to drive a motor.||Full Experiment + Further Help.|
|5||Using the accelerometer to control motor speed.||Further Help.|
|6||Setting the tone with a piezo buzzer.||Further Help.|
|7||Wind Power.||Full Experiment + Further Help.|
|8||Making a game using the compass.||Further Help.|
|9||Capacitor charge circuit.||Further Help.|
|10||Using an RGB LED.||Further Help.|
|11||Making a pedestrian crossing.||Full Experiment + Further Help.|
|12||Making a random dice.||Full Experiment + Further Help.|
Insight Resources Mr Bit is an online educational coding platform that also features sections devoted to some of our key micro:bit accessories, including this kit. To access these resources, please visit;
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
A wide range of BBC micro:bit resources, what it is, the editors and using the micro:bit
A wide range of BBC micro:bit resources, what it is, the editors and using the micro:bit
This Kitronik University Resource is a part of the BBC microbit partnership and is a guide to getting a program onto the BBC microbit. This resource is specifically for the...
This Kitronik University Resource is a part of the BBC microbit partnership and is a guide to getting a program onto the BBC microbit. This...
The Kitronik Inventor's Kit for the BBC micro:bit is a great way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with the microbit . This Inventor's Kit contains everything you need...
The Kitronik Inventor's Kit for the BBC micro:bit is a great way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with the microbit . This Inventor's...
This Kitronik University MakeCode Editor Resource is a part of the BBC micro:bit partnership and is a basic guide for getting started with Microsoft MakeCode Editor. Getting Started with Microsoft MakeCode Editor for...
This Kitronik University MakeCode Editor Resource is a part of the BBC micro:bit partnership and is a basic guide for getting started with Microsoft MakeCode Editor. Getting Started...
The five minute microbit guide is for you if you can answer yes to the following two questions. Firstly, do you have at least five minutes to learn something new? Second, do...
The five minute microbit guide is for you if you can answer yes to the following two questions. Firstly, do you have at least five minutes...
Thank you for your question, we do hold it on the website if you click on the link below at the bottom of the page is a table of the experiments. On there the code for the experiments in PXT and micropython are held for anyone who wants to down load them.
Q2: it says requires assembly is that just putting in the micro bit or do you have to solder it all together
Thank you for your question, it would be approximately 455g.
Thank you for your question, I assume you are looking at the coding languages. Each experiment is written with a particular coding platform in mind normally the MakeCode or Python Editor later in the book but in the further help for each experiment we include a copy of code for MakeCode, Python Editor, Block Editor and tourch Developer and should have example from Edublocks going up in future.
Hi Ashley, Currently experiments 1-4 are based in block editor, 5-10 are in touch develop editor.
We are currently experiencing high demand for BBC micro:bit inventors kits mainly due to the imminent launch of the micro:bit outside of schools. We are however in the process of building lots of these so that we will then be able to have stock of them, we are also waiting on the BBC micro:bit to go with the kit. However both are likely to be in stock in a couple of weeks.
At the moment we are trying our best to keep up with demand, but are finding that the micro:bit range keep going in and out of stock. There won’t be an issue with having stock for September but as we process out of stock orders in the sequence that they are placed it is worth placing the order early so you are at higher up the que.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.