Transferring a Program to the BBC microbit:After you've created your first program you'll need to download it and transfer it to the BBC microbit. This process is very simple, and if you follow our guide you'll be up and running in no time.
Learn how to:
- Transfer a program from the MakeCode Editor to the BBC microbit.
Downloading the program.It is very easy to transfer a finished program to the BBC microbit. Once your program is ready, just press the download button in the bottom left of the editor. MakeCode will convert your program to a file and download it to your computer's default downloads folder. The file it creates is a HEX file, these files can be run by a microbit. The download process will depend on the internet browser you are using:
- If you are using Google Chrome: the .hex file will appear at the bottom of the browser screen. The file itself will be in your default downloads folder.
- The MakeCode Editor.
- The Five Minute microbit guide.
- microbot Kitronik University guides, tutorials and resources.
- Accessories for the BBC microbit.
©Kitronik Ltd – You may print this page & link to it, but must not copy the page or part thereof without Kitronik's prior written consent.