This is a low inertia motor that can be powered from a suitably rated solar cell. This is because these motors have a starting current of just 30mA at 0.5V.
The motor works from a voltage in the 0.5V to 3V range.
The motor has red and black 150mm flying connecting leads.
- Low inertia ideal for using with solar power.
- Low starting current.
- 1 x Low Inertia Solar Motor - 1820 RPM.
- Height: 12.8mm.
- Diameter: 24.4mm.
- Axle Length: 10.55mm.
- Axle Diameter: 2mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Hi Bradley, We do stock a motor mounting clip, https://kitronik.co.uk/products/2505-plastic-motor-mounting-clips-pack-of-10 although it is designed to hold slightly larger motor it does hold the motor nice and tightly, alternatively the enclosure could be designed so that it holds the motor in place.
Thank you for your email, this motor does indeed come with a 2mm Diameter shaft
Hello Sanjay, The motor has a starting speed of 1000 RPM at a 0.5V supply, and spins up to 1820RPM at 3V. However we don’t have any data to say what the motor will spin at when supplied with the voltages you have stated. The speed should however progressively increase as the voltage is increased.
This motor spins at 1820 revolutions per minute, so it might not be the best motor for what you are wanting to use. We do a small 3V vibrating motor, these motors are often used for silent alert functions in mobile phones, the product code is 2541
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.