This 3V vertical submersible low power water pump is an ideal solution for creating a small indoor water feature or as part of a plant watering system. At the heart of the pump is a 3V DC motor that runs quietly and only draws approximately 100mA.
The pump needs priming before use and should be kept fully submerged during use as it will only pump water not air. Also, it only works in one direction as a pump, you cannot reverse the connections and have it move water in the other direction.
It's 3V, 100mA power requirements are such that you could use a microcontroller with suitable drive capacity to switch it on or off. As the new micro:bit now has 200mA available for powering external devices, this pump can be powered directly by the micro:bit V2.
The micro:bit can only drive 15mA from its pins, so a transistor or FET is required to control it from the pins, either in an on/off capacity, or, with PWM to vary pumping rate. If using the original micro:bit or if the microbit is already controlling other devices, this pump can also be powered and controlled via a motor driver board, or similar.
Note: This pump is not supplied with any tubing. You can buy lengths of silicone tubing here.
- Vertical type submersible pump.
- Operating power requirements are; 3V and 100mA.
- Low noise DC motor.
- Can be controlled with a simple on/off switch or microcontroller/motor driver board.
- Ideal for small water features or plant watering systems.
- A flow rate of 80L/H @ 3V and 100L/H at 4.5V.
- 1 x 3V Vertical Submersible Water Pump.
- Length: 38.5mm.
- Width: 23.9mm.
- Height: 42.6mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.