In-line geared hobby motor plus matching wheel
This 90RPM in-line geared TT hobby motor is a great cost-effective solution for adding some movement to your buggy/robot builds. It can be used with our matching wheels and with our motor driver boards, such as our Motor Driver Board for Raspberry Pi Pico and the Compact Motor Driver Board for the BBC micro:bit, to name just two. Note: when using a microcontroller, do not drive these motors directly with the microcontroller, always use them in conjunction with a motor driver board.
Despite their low price point, these brightly coloured 120:1 motors are quite durable and are likely to last through multiple builds with ease.
Although there is a gearbox between the motor and the shaft, there are no rotary encoders. When connected to an appropriate motor driver, like the two listed above, you get forwards/backwards/stop. Simple yet effective. With 2 motors connected to a motor driver, you can also have directional control by turning off one motor and not the other. As is sometimes the case with servos and motors, there can be some small RPM differences between motors which can be overcome when coding, a little trial end error and the odd pause is usually all it takes.
These hobby motors have an operating voltage of between 3V and 6V, with 4.5V being nominal. This makes them suitable for powering with batteries. At 4.5V, they have a speed of 90RPM no-load and 72RPM at load. Torque at the nominal 4.5V is 0.3Kg/cm and they have a stall torque rating of 1.4Kg/cm. See Datasheet for more information.
- When using a microcontroller, do not attempt to drive these motors directly with the microcontroller, always use them in conjunction with a motor driver board.
- A cost-effective movement solution for your buggy/robot builds.
- Use in conjunction with a microcontroller, motor driver board, and wheels.
- A simple yet durable design with a ratio of 120:1.
- They are rated for an operating voltage of between 3V and 6v, with 4.5V being nominal.
- They can be powered with batteries.
- At 4.5V, they have a speed of 90RPM no-load and 72RPM at load.
- Torque at the nominal 4.5V is 0.3Kg/cm and they have a stall torque rating of 1.4Kg/cm
- Decoratively coloured!
- 1 x In-Line Geared TT Hobby Motor.
- Length: 64.2mm.
- Width: 22.5mm.
- Height: 18.8mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Hi Mark, You can use a microcontroller to then send a PWM signal to the motors which can then be used to control the speed. Examples of using PWM can be found on line and you can even use our line following buggy and the BBC micro:bit.
Hi Bradley, The motor won’t be waterproof and the solder tags also are exposed so placing this in water wouldn’t be a great idea. It would also be quiet difficult to place a chasing around the motor without restricting the air flow or the shaft of the motor, unfortunately we don’t have any recommendations for this.
You would need to solder the cable to the motor terminal, this would then be used to connect to the motor controller.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.