Buy locally from a partner
Make the Raspberry Pi Pico the core of your new buggy project with the Kitronik Compact Motor Driver Board for Raspberry Pi Pico.
This board allows the Raspberry Pi Pico (connected via pin header) to drive two motors simultaneously with full forward, reverse & stop control, making it ideal for Pico controlled buggy projects. Alternatively, the board can be used to power a stepper motor. The board features the DRV8833 motor driver IC, which has built-in short circuit, over current and thermal protection.
The board has 4 external connections to GPIO pins and a 3V and GND supply from the Pico. This allows for additional IO options for your buggy builds that can be read or controlled by the Pico. In addition there is an on/off switch and power status LED, allowing you to see at a glance if the board is powered up and save your batteries when your project is not in use.
To use the motor driver board, the Pico should have a soldered pin header and be inserted firmly into the connector. The board produces a regulated supply that is fed into the 40-way connector to power the Pico, removing the need to power the Pico directly. The motor driver board is powered via either screw terminals or a servo style connector.
Kitronik has developed a micro-python module and sample code to support the use of the Motor Driver board with the Pico. This code is available in the GitHub repo.
- A compact yet feature-packed board designed to sit at the heart of your Raspberry Pi Pico robot buggy projects.
- The board can drive 2 motors simultaneously with full forward, reverse, and stop control.
- It features the DRV8833 motor driver IC, which has built-in short circuit, over current and thermal protection.
- Additionally, the board features an on/off switch and power status LED.
- Power the board via a terminal block style connector.
- The 3V and GND pins are also broken out, allowing external devices to be powered.
- Code it with MicroPython via an editor such as the Thonny editor.
- 1 x Kitronik Compact Motor Driver Board for Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Length: 63mm.
- Width: 35mm.
- Height: 11.6mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm
- Mounting Holes (Diameter): 3mm.
- Example MicroPython class and sample code - GitHub repository.
- Example CircuitPython class and sample code - GitHub repository.
- About MicroPython.
- About Python.
- The Thonny editor.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Python is a language that allows you to organise your code into sections easily. At its most basic, this is the writing of a function, where code can be called...
Python is a language that allows you to organise your code into sections easily. At its most basic, this is the writing of a function,...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.