Maker Uno Plus: Simplifying Arduino for Education with Inventor's kit for Arduino
The Arduino Maker UNO Plus has been designed specifically to simplify Arduino for Education. Learn about and construct electronic circuits and explore physical computing. Traditional Arduino boards can make the task of troubleshooting circuits that don't work quite difficult. Determining if it is the code or the circuit can be problematic. The GPIO pins on the Maker UNO Plus feature LEDs that make the job of seeing when pins become active very easy, you can quickly see if the program is functioning correctly and act accordingly.
Each Arduino Uno comes with stickers for all of the pin headers. Once the stickers are attached to the board it makes the task of finding the right IO pin much easier for the students, which should result in fewer failed circuits. There is also a handy strip on the back of the boards that be used to add a name a or label.
Maker UNO Plus is fully compatible with Arduino. You can share the same library and code. Compared with the original Arduino Uno, Maker UNO Plus has added 12x LED, 1x piezo buzzer and 1x programmable pushbutton switch. The current of 3.3V is boosted to 500mA from 150mA to support more 3.3V's devices. The DC jack power input socket is removed and the conventional USB Type B is also replaced with the more commonly used USB Micro B. The USB to serial converter used at Maker UNO Plus is upgraded to FT231X from CH340 at Maker UNO. The driver installation of FT231X is much easier compare to CH340.
Maker UNO Plus is CE, FCC and RoHS compliance! CE also known as "European Conformity" is a product safety requirement recognized by the European countries. FCC is a requirement of the Federal Communications Commission (USA) to ensure the electromagnetic interference from the product is under the approved limits. While RoHS compliance means that all components that used at Maker UNO Plus are green and not harmful to the environment.
Please Note - Maker UNO compatibility:
- Maker UNO Plus is backwards compatible with Maker UNO.
- If a project states that a Maker UNO is required, this Maker UNO Plus can be used in all cases.
- Learn Arduino and physical computing on a board that has been specifically designed for education.
- It features a sounder with dedicated on/off switch, a reset button and a programmable button.
- Each GPIO pin has a status LED which can also act as indicators, clearly showing what's happening on that pin.
- Includes a set of label stickers for all pin headers.
- Maker UNO Plus uses the common Micro USB cable which is basically everywhere.
- The Maker UNO Plus is fully compatible with Arduino.
- CE, FCC and RoHS compliant.
- 1 x Maker UNO Plus.
- 1 x Micro USB cable.
- 1 x Pin Header Sticker.
- Length: 69.3mm.
- Height: 10.5mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.