Buy locally from a partner
Display meaningful output from your micro:bit project with the Kitronik :VIEW Graphics128 OLED display.
The Kitronik :VIEW Graphics128 OLED display gives the user the ability to add a monochrome 128x64 display to the BBC micro: bit. The onboard edge connector allows the micro:bit to slot into the board without any additional fixings. The board also features a micro:bit style I/O connector which means it can be slotted into any other micro:bit accessory that has a slot for inserting a micro:bit. All of the pins from the BBC micro:bit are tracked through to provide the edge pads with the full usage of the BBC micro:bit, with the addition of a display. As the micro:bit slots directly into the board, no tools, fixings, or soldering are required.
Kitronik has generated custom blocks and example code for MakeCode and MicroPython (see the datasheet for more details). The blocks can be added via the add Extensions function in the editor by searching “Kitronik”, or from: GitHub. More information about our custom Python functions can also be found at: GitHub.
Power to the board can be provided via the edge connector or from the micro:bit. The board requires a 3V supply and has no voltage protection on the board. The board features an LED to indicate when the board has power. With every display, pixel turned on the board has a maximum power draw of 40mA.
The 128x64 display uses the SSD1306 driver on an I2C interface. At the centre of the board are the breakout pads for the I2C lines, along with two ground pads and a 3V power pad. These pads are on a 2.54mm pitch, which means they will fit either wire or a pin header for jumper cables (not provided). This can be used by those who wish to add more I2C devices and functionality. It is possible to change the default I2C address of the board (see the Selecting Display section of this Datasheet for more details).
- Add a monochrome 128x64 OLED display to the micro:bit.
- The micro:bit slots into the onboard edge connector.
- The board features a micro:bit style I/O connector allowing it to be slotted into other micro:bit accessories.
- It can be coded with MakeCode blocks and with Python.
- Kitronik has created custom MakeCode blocks..
- Kitronik has created a GitHub repo for custom Python functions.
- It can be powered via the edge connector or by the micro:bit.
- Requires a 3V supply.
- The board features a power indicator LED.
- It is possible to change the default I2C address of the board.
- No tools, fixings, or soldering are required.
- 1 x Kitronik :VIEW Graphics128 OLED display 128x64 for BBC micro:bit
- Length: 58mm.
- Width: 52mm.
- Height: 11.8mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm.
- 128x64 Display - Text and Line Drawing Tutorial.
- 128x64 Display - Plotting Graphs Tutorial
- GitHub page for custom MakeCode blocks.
- GitHub page for custom Python functions.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.