The Kitronik :GAME ZIP 64 is the ultimate retro gaming accessory for the BBC microbit. It has been designed to be an all in one hand held gaming platform, which also includes a built in, 64 (8x8) individually addressable full colour ZIP LED, screen. This 10 pack is supplied with everything you need in the classroom environment to get teaching straight away.
It features on-board sound, 4 x directional buttons, 2 fire buttons, haptic feedback, and breakout points so shoulder buttons or I2C devices can be added. All of these features are fully programmable. We have also included breakout points to allow for the use of larger LED screens.
All of microbits features are still available when plugged in to the :GAME ZIP 64, so your games can still make use of the LED matrix, accelerometer etc.
Power is provided via the built in 3 x AA battery cages which have been ergonomically placed to act as hand grips which makes the :GAME ZIP 64 comfortable to hold and play.
We have produced some example games in both MakeCode Blocks and MicroPython that can be freely downloaded from the resources section below so you can begin playing games straight away. If you prefer to code your own games, it also offers the perfect platform for developing and testing micro:bit games.
The Kitronik MI:pro protector cases can be used to create a game 'cartridge' that can be labeled and that will not only protect the microbit from damage, but also from accidental overwriting.
Teaching Resources:Unlock your students potential with our 5 Lesson Plans For The :GAME ZIP 64 for BBC microbit. Written by a Teacher for Teachers. They offer classroom-ready lesson plans designed specifically to help you deliver the curriculum at Key Stage 3. While these resources have been produced for the classroom they are also a great introduction to writing games for anyone that wants to get more from their :GAME ZIP 64. Cherry pick your areas of interest and begin writing your first game now!
- All in one hand-held gaming solution for the BBC micro:bit.
- 64 individually addressable ZIP LED display screen.
- Fully programmable on-board sound, directional buttons, fire buttons, and haptic feedback.
- Breakout pads for adding shoulder buttons or I2C devices.
- Breakout pads for driving larger LED screens.
- Ergonomic design for comfortable game-play.
- Use MI:pro protector cases to create a handy game cartridge.
- It can also be coded to be a controller for your buggy or robotics projects.
- Demo Code for programming in MicroPython is available from GitHub.
- Pong Game Download.
- Snake Game Download.
- Custom Kitronik :GAME ZIP 64 MakeCode Blocks.
- Free 3D Printer & Laser Cutter Cases Downloads.
- Datasheet in French.
- Datasheet in Dutch.
- Datasheet in Danish.
- Datasheet in Swedish.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.