Kitronik Klip Halo for BBC micro:bit plus Crocodile Leads
Kitronik Klip Halo for BBC micro:bit plus Crocodile Leads and a BBC micro:bit
The Klip Halo for the BBC microbit breaks out all of the pins from the microbit to pads spaced around the edge of the Klip Halo. The pads have been carefully designed and spaced so that they are ideal for for use with E-Textiles projects and also for projects that require the use of Crocodile Leads.
The Klip Halo bolts directly onto the BBC micro:bit using five supplied screws which are secure and robust. The supplied mounting bar is used to fix the microbit to Klip Halo and already contains the required nuts as well as additional solder pads (PO, P1, P2, 3V & GND) should you require them.
There are multiple power and ground pads so that the same pads don't have to be used for every part of your project, which is a handy feature if you are using Crocodile clips. Power is supplied to the board and the microbit via the rear mounted jst connector.
When a micro:bit is connected to the Klip Halo, power can be supplied in multiple ways. These are via the USB connector on the micro:bit, the JST connector on the micro:bit or Klip Halo, or using the power rings on the Klip Halo. Depending on which option is used effects the maximum and minimum voltage that can be used and the amount of current that can be drawn from the rings on the Klip Halo. For more details and powering safety information, see the power information and safety datsheet for more information.
Supply voltage should be between 1.95V and 3.6V with 3V being the recommended voltage.
- All microbit pins broken out to pads that are easy to sew and attach Crocodile clips to.
- Multiple power and ground pads.
- Additional solder pads on mounting bar (PO, P1, P2, 3V & GND).
- Bolts directly onto the BBC micro:bit.
- Board and microbit can be powered via the jst connector.
- 1 x Klip Halo for the BBC micro:bit.
- 5 x Counter Sunk M3 x10mm Screws.
- Diameter: 80mm.
- Height: 3.2mm
- Height With micro:bit: 10mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.5mm.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.