Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik Resistive Touch Keypad plus micro:bit
Kitronik Resistive Touch Keypad plus Prototyping system for micro:bit
The Resistive Touch Breakout is designed to make the resistive touch capabilities of the BBC micro:bit much easier to access and use.
The board breaks out pins 0, 1 and 2 from the BBC micro:bit to circular pads. These pads are ideally sized for fingertips to make a connection across the particular pin and GND, thereby making the ‘touched’ connection.
The board can be connected to a BBC micro:bit by using jumper cables from the installed pin header to a breadboard, or by soldering wires across to a BBC micro:bit edge connector breakout.
Code can be written for the board using the MakeCode editor with blocks that are a part of the editor as standard. Examples of how to write code for the board can be found in the Datasheet.
The board also features two M3 mounting holes at either end for fixing the board to a project or surface.
- It breaks out microbit pins 0, 1 and 2 to pads that can be activated by touching across the two hemispheres.
- The board can be connected to a project using jumper cables or via soldered connections.
- The pin headers a pre-fitted to the board and provide connections for P0, P1, P2, and GND.
- There are also two M3 mounting holes at either end of the board to allow for attaching to a project or surface.
- 1 x Resistive Touch Breakout for BBC micro:bit.
- Length: 72mm.
- Height: 33.6mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.