Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik :VIEW text32 plus microbit
Kitronik :VIEW text32 plus Klimate board and coin cell battery
The Kitronik :VIEW Text32 character LCD, for those times when the LED Matrix and/or external LEDs aren't delivering adequate visual feedback from your microbit project. The :VIEW Text32 is a character LCD showing 32 characters (2 lines of 16 characters). The :VIEW Text32 also breaks out the BBC micro:bit pins to edge pads (excluding pin14).
The bottom edge of the board has a replication of the BBC microbits own edge connector, this allows you to plug the :VIEW Text32 into any board that the microbit itself can be slotted into. This is great news if your project outputs strings of text and numbers that previously would have slowly scrolled across the LED Matrix.
The board has been designed so that the BBC micro:bit can be slotted into the edge connector on the top side of the PCB. No extra tools are required for installation, the board is supplied and ready to go --plug and play/work!
On the back of the :VIEW Text32 is a 3 x AAA battery holder to provide power to the :VIEW Text32, the attached micro:bit, and the replicated edge connector. There is a power switch for turning the battery supply on and off. The replicated edge connector can supply 90mA (as per the normal micro:bit)
Kitronik has produced a set of custom blocks for the Microsoft MakeCode editor. To add them click on the cog icon in the top right of the editor, then; select Extensions from the drop down menu, type and enter Kitronik into the search bar and select the :VIEW Text32 tile from the list. The custom blocks will now be added to the editor and can be used in your code.
- The :VIEW Text32 is a character LCD showing 32 characters (2 lines of 16 characters).
- A BBC micro:bit can be slotted into the edge connector on the top side of the PCB.
- The board features a replicated microbit edge connector allowing it to be plugged into any board that a microbit can be slotted into.
- It features an on board battery holder that powers the display, the microbit and the replicated edge connector.
- The :VIEW Text32 can be coded with the Makecode editor or with MicroPython.
- Kitronik has created custom code blocks for the MakeCode editor to make using the :VIEW Text32 as simple as possible.
- 1 x :VIEW Text32 for BBC micro:bit.
- Length: 84mm.
- Height: 63mm.
- Thickness: 28.6.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Many thanks for the query.
You will find the extension by searching for 'Kitronik viewtext' in the extension search bar on Microsoft MakeCode.
I would use a forever loop to set a Variable to be the equivalent value of the acceleration input. You could then use our View Text 32 blocks to Display that Variable.
Thank you for your question, the best way to do it is to set up your variable and then put a show string from the View Text 32 Extension into a forever loop. The string you would then need to show is a "convert X to text" block and you would put the variable in the block. This would show the variable as text on the extension. Hope that makes sense?
You absolutely can, we have full details on how to do this on the datasheet below.
Thank you for your question we are working on a support set of code for the MU and Python. Blocks are already released and we should see the rest of the support up in the next couple of weeks.
Thank you for your question unfortunately that set of blocks is still with the curators of the make code so until they put it through the best I can suggest is you can download the package from our github below.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.