Kitronik Terminal Block Breakout plus micro:bit
Kitronik Terminal Block Breakout plus terminal block screwdrivers
The Terminal Breakout board for the BBC microbit does exactly what it says on the tin. It breaks out all of the signal and power pins on the microbit to user friendly terminal blocks. No more untangling M/M or M/F jumper cables from the hastily tidied collection stashed in the corner of your drawer. Just cut a length of wire from one of your more tidy spools, strip off a bit of shielding and screw it into place in the appropriate terminal block. And, if you need to move your project for any reason, having the wires screwed in place means that you can do it without having to deal with the jumper connections that didn't survive the move. Build your circuit only once!
It features a terminal block breakout point for each BBC micro:bit IO pin, a switch-controlled input power terminal block, two output power terminal blocks (fed through power from the switched input) and Link compatible connections for other BBC micro:bit accessory boards.
Power is provided via the input terminal block. The board has no voltage regulator, or overvoltage protection, so the supply voltageMUST NOT exceed the rated supply of 3.3V for the BBC micro:bit.
If the BBC micro:bit is powered via its USB connector, there will be no power at the 3.3V terminal block output connections – this is to provide some overcurrent protection for the BBC micro:bit.
To use the Terminal Breakout board, the BBC micro:bit needs to be firmly inserted into the edge connector in the centre of the board. The BBC micro:bit can face in either direction and all the terminal blocks will be fully functional.
- It breaks out all of the signal and power pins on the microbit to user friendly terminal blocks.
- Build permanent circuits that you move without worrying about jumper wires becoming detatched..
- It features a switch controlled power block and two output power terminal blocks.
- There is also built in overcurrent protection what using the USB connection to transfer data to the microbit.
- The microbit connects to the board via an edge connector that the microbit slots directly into, either way around.
- The board complies to the Link Standard that all Kitronik branded microbit accessories conform to.
- 1 x Terminal Breakout Board for the BBC micro:bit.
- Length: 80mm.
- Width: 50mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.