This brilliant laser cutter compatible 2mm Polyethylene Foam Sheet measures 600mm x 400mm. Thanks to its closed cell cross-linked structure, this laser cuttable foam sheet has a high density whilst remaining lightweight. The smooth finish lends itself readily to a variety of uses, including toys and designs, arts & crafts and many more.
- Suitable for laser cutting.
- High density.
- Excellent insulator.
- Good thermal properties between -60°C and +90°C.
- Mechanical stability with low shrinkage.
Polyethylene Foam Sheets have multiple uses including padding, packaging, vibration reduction, protection and insulation. Making it ideal for workstation surface mats, shelf linings, fragile material protection and educational toys.
Working with Polyethylene Sheets:
Polyethylene is an excellent base material for arts and crafts including making toys and designs. It can be shaped using scissors, glued, thermoformed, vacuum formed and laminated.
It also laser cuts well. As it is thin yet dense, you can cut on a high speed leaving almost no trace of burn and it engraves equally well (see image below).
Note: Although the above image is blue foam, the supplied foam will be red.
- 1 x Polyethylene Foam Sheet 2mm x 600mm x 400mm.
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 400mm.
- Height: 2mm.
The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of Polyethylene Foam sheets are the stated thickness +/-35%. This means a Polyethylene Foam sheet could be between 1.3mm and 2.7mm in thickness.
- To avoid a bulky item surcharge, this item may be sent rolled up.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Easter is fast approaching, and with us all being indoors, it may not have been the Bank Holiday weekend you might have hoped for. That's why we thought it would...
Easter is fast approaching, and with us all being indoors, it may not have been the Bank Holiday weekend you might have hoped for. That's...
You can draw on these with soft tip pens like felt tip or high lighters. Unfortunately pencils are not hugely effective and you can draw with hard nibs but they tend to damage the material.
Can you tell me if you have the 2mm polyethylene sheet (foam) in dark red? and do you sell at all by the roll?
It's for a large craft project for Wedding and Events Company.
I am afraid this is the only red we stock and we receive the pre cut in the sizes online I am afraid.
Hi Janet, after having a little test it does appear to be waterproof. When water is placed onto the foam it beads up and runs off, while the underside remains dry. However during prolonged exposure, or if water was applied under a large amount of pressure we are unsure if the results would remain the same.
Hi John, Unfortunately we are unable to source this material in the size you have requested. It is also unlikely that this size of material will be readily available.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.