Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik Battery Tester Project Kit plus batteries
This kit uses a single AA battery holder into which the user places a battery. LEDs then illuminate to show the remaining capacity of the battery. The circuit uses a quad operational amplifier to provide a reference voltage and comparators to determine which LEDs should go on. This makes it a great kit for studying operational amplifiers.
Testing of the kit can be performed using an adjustable power supply, or with our circuit tester (consisting of an AA battery holder, variable resistor & crocodile clips).
- Displays battery charge level with 4 LEDs.
- Great for showing how operational amplifiers work.
- 1 x PP3 Battery Clip Lead (Heavy Duty).
- 1 x 3xAA Battery Cage with Clip.
- 1 x LM324 Quad Op Amp.
- 1 x IC Socket 14 Pin.
- 1 x 1N4001 Diode.
- 4 x Red 5mm Diffused LED - 275mCd.
- 1 x 680Ω Resistor.
- 5 x 220Ω Resistor.
- 4 x 22KΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 100KΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 1xAA Battery Cage with Leads.
- 1 x Battery Tester PCB.
- PCB Length: 68.5mm.
- PCB Width: 38mm.
- 4 x AA Batteries.
- Click here to download the essential information.
- Click here to download the full teaching resources.
This kit is supplied in a simple grip seal bag.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2102.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.