These 5mm Cast Acrylic sheets measures 600mm x 400mm. The surface of the sheets have a high gloss finish. You cannot see through opaque Acrylic, meaning these Acrylic sheets can be used in designs/products to provide areas of solid colour.
This is a new range of acrylic that has been specifically sourced by Kitronik to help your budget go further! These products represent the start of the Kitronik Value Range where we aim to provide the best value materials in the UK market. This is a good quality cast acrylic, which cuts and engraves similarly to branded materials but which are available at a much lower price!
- Colours may not be consistent between batches so for commercial products, where colour consistency is important, we would recommend picking the name brand product. However, for the majority of uses this value range acrylic is perfect.
- Although the White version of these acrylic sheets has low levels of light transference it is still possible to see objects placed directly behind the sheet.
- These cast acrylic sheets represent excellent value for money.
- High gloss surface.
- Very low light transmission.
- Easily laser cut, drilled and thermoformed.
Opaque Acrylic sheets have many applications such as point of sale, model making, signs, artistic and architectural installation, casings, etc.
Working with Acrylic sheets:
Acrylic is a versatile material that can be cut, drilled, laser cut and thermoformed.
Acrylic is a thermoplastic which means that when it is heated above 140-180°C it becomes flexible. This allows the material to be formed into the required shape or bent. Once the material cools below 85°C it becomes rigid again.
Acrylic sheets are often shaped using a CNC router or laser cutter. The edge of laser cut Acrylic has a pleasing polished look. If you look carefully at the edge of a piece of laser cut Acrylic you can often see slight vertical lines that are caused by the pulses a laser uses when cutting.
If you want to get a perfectly smooth finish on the edge of piece of machined Acrylic a polishing technique can be used. Typical polishing techniques include diamond polishing and flame polishing.
It also possible to etch the surface of a Acrylic sheet using a laser cutter. This can produce some very pleasing visual effects.
More detailed information and resources on working with Acrylic can be found in our resource section.
- 1 x Value Acrylic Sheet (Cast/Opaque) 5mm x 600mm x 400mm.
- Black - Product Code: 43198
- White - Product Code: 43199
- Length: 600mm.
- Width: 400mm.
- Thickness: 5mm (nominal).
- The manufacturing tolerance for the thickness of cast acrylic sheets are the stated thickness +/-10% plus +/- 0.4mm. This means a 5mm Acrylic sheet could be between 4.1mm and 5.9mm in thickness.
- Please note that it is possible for there to be slight colour variations between batches.
- The manufacturing process for these sheets can lead to variances in length and width measurements between batches. Tolerances of up to +/- 1.7% are possible. The maximum we have recorded is plus 10mm to a length measurement.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, HIPS and MDF sheet orders (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) there is a flat delivery charge of £6.50 per order (most UK locations).
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- On all Perspex, acrylics, veneers, Styrofoam, polypropylene, plywood, HIPs, and MDF sheets (except A4/300mm x 200mm size) a large materials charge applies per order.
- This is £6.50 (£7.80 including VAT) for most UK locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT) for Northern Ireland and £18.00 (£21.60 including VAT) for UK remote locations.
- For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.