This IC provides a highly accurate 555 Timer circuit that is capable of producing both time delays or oscillation. It is in a single 8 pin DIL package and can be operated in astable or monostable mode with external (RC) timing control.
The 555 timer is a simple circuit. By taking the trigger signal from high to low the flip-flop is set. This causes the output to go high and the discharge pin to be released from GND (0V). The releasing of the discharge pin from GND causes an external capacitor to begin charging. When the capacitor is charged the voltage across it increases. This results in the voltage on the threshold pin increasing. When this is high enough it will result in the flip-flop to resetting. This causes the output to go low and the discharge pin is also taken back to GND. This discharges the external capacitor ready for the next time the device is triggered.
Pin Out information:
|GND||GND (0V) connection for supply voltage|
|Threshold||Active high input pin that is used to monitor the charging of the timing capacitor|
|Control Voltage||Used to adjust the threshold voltage if required. This should be left disconnected if the function is not required. A 0.01uF capacitor to GND can be used in electrically noisy circuits|
|Trigger||Active low trigger input that starts the timer.|
|Discharge||Output pin that is used to discharge the timing capacitor|
|Out||Timer output pin|
|Reset||Active low reset pin. Normally connected to V+ if the reset function is not required|
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.