Kitronik FM Radio Kit V2.0 plus 4 x AA batteries
The FM radio kit uses industrial surface mount ICs (the Si4820 and the NCP2890). The FM radio kit is supplied with the ICs mounted on the board. You just have to solder the remaining resistors, capacitors and other components to finish the kit.
The radio has controls for tuning and to adjust the volume. The circuit includes an audio amplifier and output is via a 66mm diameter speaker that is supplied with the kit.
The board can be powered from a 2.5V to 5.5V supply and works nicely off a 5V wall supply or 3x AA batteries (not supplied).
The Si4820 IC is one of the latest generation of radio receiver ICs that offer fantastic reception quality and ease of tuning, and the NCP2890 IC can output 1W of power.
- FM Radio kit.
- Audio amplifier built-in.
- 1 x Si4820 FM Radio IC (Pre-mounted).
- 1 x CM1213A ESD Protection Diode (Pre-mounted).
- 1 x TLV700 3.3V LDO 200mA Regulator (Pre-mounted).
- 1 x NCP2890D Mono Amplifier IC (Pre-mounted).
- 1 x Fixed Inductor 270nH 5% (Pre-mounted).
- 1 x 100K 16mm Linear Potentiometer.
- 1 x 10K 16mm Linear Potentiometer.
- 5 x Electrolytic Capacitor, 50V, 1uF.
- 3 x Ceramic Capacitor, 50V, 100nF.
- 1 x Ceramic Capacitor, 33pF.
- 2 x Ceramic Capacitor, 22pF.
- 2 x Ceramic Capacitor, 470nF.
- 1 x Ceramic Capacitor, 50V, 470pF.
- 1 x Ceramic Capacitor, 50V, 1nF.
- 1 x Electrolytic Capacitor, 16V, 100uF.
- 2 x 220K Resistor.
- 1 x 56K Resistor.
- 1 x 3.3K Resistor.
- 1 x 100K Resistor.
- 2 x 0R Resistor.
- 1 x 6.8K Resistor.
- 1 x 470R Resistor.
- 1 x 10K Resistor.
- 1 x Watch Crystal for Radio.
- 1 x 100R Resistor.
- 1 x 3xAA Battery Cage with Flying Leads.
- 1m x Single Core Wire.
- 1 x 8 ohm 66mm Speaker.
- 1 x FM Radio PCB.
- PCB Length: 88mm.
- PCB Width: 46mm.
- Soldering Iron.
- Wire Cutters.
- Wire Strippers.
- Tape Measure.
- Either: 5V wall power unit (some modification is required - see our tutorial for the mono amplifier kit here).
- Or: 3 x AA Batteries.
- FM Radio Telescopic Antenna / Aerial (Optional).
This kit is supplied in a blister retail packaging. It is also available in a simple grip seal bag and bulk quantities for more details on this version click here.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
The kit is supplied with an 8Ohm speaker, as such you wouldn’t be able to use it with a 5Ohm speaker.
Yes you can play the output of the radio through the high powered amp. You would take a connection from the negative on the radios power to the negative on the high powered amp kits input. You would then take one of the radios outputs and spilt this to connect on to both the right and left channel inputs for the high powered amp. Th remaining output on the radio can be left blank.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.