The FM radio kit uses an industrial surface mount IC (the TDA7010T). The FM radio kit is supplied with the IC mounted on the board. The students have to add the remaining resistors, capacitors and amplifier IC to finish the kit.
The radio has controls for tuning and to adjust the volume. The circuit includes an audio amplifier and output is via a 66mm diameter speaker that is supplied with the kit.
This FM radio kit includes:
- 1 x FM radio PCB with TDA7010T FM radio IC, varicap diode and inductor pre-mounted
- 1 x TBA820M audio amplifier IC
- 1 x 8 pin IC holder
- 1 x TS9011PCT voltage regulator
- 1 x 10K linear rotary potentiometer
- 1 x 100K linear rotary potentiometer
- 1 x 39pF capacitor, ceramic disc
- 3 x 180pF capacitors, ceramic disc
- 1 x 220pF capacitor, ceramic disc
- 1 x 330pF capacitor, ceramic disc
- 1 x 2.2nF capacitor, ceramic disc
- 4 x 10nF capacitors, ceramic disc
- 4 x 100nF capacitors, ceramic disc
- 1 x 220nF capacitor, ceramic disc
- 2 x 3.3nF capacitors, ceramic disc
- 1 x 470pF capacitor, ceramic disc
- 2 x 470uF capacitors, electrolytic
- 1 x 220uF capacitor, electrolytic
- 1 x 100uF capacitor, electrolytic
- 1 x 1ohm resistor
- 1 x 100ohm resistor
- 2 x 10Kohm resistors
- 2 x 100Kohm resistors
- 1 x 4.7Kohm resistor
- 1 x 15Kohm resistor
- 1 x aerial wire
- 1 x PP3 clip lead
- 1 x speaker (8ohm, 66mm) and connecting wire
The board can be powered from a 4V to 12V battery supply and works nicely off a 9V battery (available separately).
Please note this product should only be used with a battery supply and should not be used with a mains DC power supply.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
elf then that works fine. Hope that helps!
m the radio board and connect the end of R8 that connects to C13 in to the audio in of the high power amplifier board. You will also need to connect the 0V on both boards together. You will find a high power amp kit complete with speakers and power supply under IC based kits.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.