Super Capacitor Charge Controller Kit plus wire cutters
Super Capacitor Charge Controller Kit plus wire cutters and soldering starter kit
This board provides a rechargeable power source that can be used to power a project. It works by charging up a 1F super capacitor when it is connected to a USB port. Two LEDs are used to show when the capacitor is charged (this takes about 1 minute).
Once charged the USB lead can be removed and the board used as a power source. The power connection is by two solder connections. When switched on the board provides power until the capacitor is empty. The length of time this takes will depend upon your application circuit (from a few seconds to ten minutes or more).
- Super Capacitor Charge Controller Kit.
- Use this kit as a rechargeable power source for your Electronic projects.
- Two LEDs are used to show when the capacitor is charged.
- Once charged the USB lead can be removed and the board used as a power source.
- When switched on the board provides power until the capacitor is empty.
- 1 x 1F Super Capacitor.
- 2 x 10Ω Resistor.
- 2 x 470Ω Resistors.
- 1 x 10kΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 15kΩ Resistor.
- 1 x 68kΩ Resistor.
- 1 x LM358 Op-Amp IC.
- 1 x 8 Pin IC Holder.
- 1 x Right Angle PCB Mount Slide Switch.
- 1 x BAT41 Signal Diode.
- 2 x 5mm Red LEDs.
- 1 x USB Power Cable.
- 1 x Two Way Plug In Terminal Block And Header.
- 1 x Super Capacitor Charge Controller PCB.
- PCB Length: 53.5mm.
- PCB Width: 43mm.
- This kit requires soldering.
- This board was originally developed for use on our STEM racer kit. The build instruction reflect this, but the board can be used to drive motors in other applications or to power different types of loads (not just motors).
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2137.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.