This kit allows you to illuminate the edge of a picture frame using a number of LEDs. This happens for a period of time when the button is pressed. The duration is set using a trimmer potentiometer and can be anything from a few seconds to 30 minutes. The student can choose which LEDs they would like to use. These are connected to the terminal block (along with a current limit resistor). The board can drive 200mA, which is about 10 high brightness LEDs.
This kit includes:
- 1 x PP3 Clip lead
- 1 x Battery holder (3x AA)
- 1 x Terminal block (2 way)
- 1 x Push to make switch
- 1 x Capacitor, electrolytic, 16V, 220uF
- 1 x 10M Pot
- 2 x 10K resistor 5%
- 2 x N channel FET (2N7000)
- 1 x 0.5 metre length of single core wire
- 1 x Picture frame LED driver PCB
PCB dimensions: 58mm x 28mm.
This kit is supplied as a pack of parts and requires soldering.
Selecting LEDs for using with the circuit.
The circuit can be used with a variety of LEDs. Below are a selection of LEDs that can be used. Also listed is the current limit resistor that will be required if four LEDS are used.
|3504 Standard red||33ohm|
|3505 Standard green||33ohm|
|3506 Standard yellow||33ohm|
|3542 Standard white||22ohm|
|3543 Standard blue||22ohm|
|3507 Ultra bright red||33ohm|
|3524 Ultra bright white||68ohm|
|3537 Ultra bright blue||68ohm|
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) here.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2146.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.