Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik USB Fan Kit plus power supply
Kitronik USB Fan Kit plus power supply and soldering starter kit
This kit allows you to build an economical desk fan that takes power from a standard USB port or USB power supply (available separately).
The kit comprises a 90mm fan blade and motor which connect to a PCB that has a power switch, resettable fuse and resistor.
The low part count means the kit is very easy to build and is a great project for people with little soldering experience. The resettable fuse prevents the circuit from drawing too much power if the motor is stalled. The kits size and simplicity is such that it will make a great kit for students to create imaginative enclosures
- Low cost kit great for beginners.
- USB powered fan project.
- 1 x 90mm Blue Three Blade Propeller.
- 1 x Low Inertia Solar Motor - 1820 RPM.
- 3 x USB Power Lead.
- 1 x PCB Mount Slide Switch.
- 1 x 15 Ohm Resistor.
- 1 x Resettable Fuse 0.05A 60VDC.
- 1 x USB Fan Kit PCB.
- PCB Length: 43mm.
- PCB Width: 28mm.
- PCB Height: 1.7mm.
- Fan Diameter: 90mm.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2162.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
We’ve just released a new USB fan kit, an easy build kit that allows you to make an economical desk fan that takes power from a standard USB port or...
We’ve just released a new USB fan kit, an easy build kit that allows you to make an economical desk fan that takes power from...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.