USB Night Light Kit plus Power Supply
This Kitronik USB Dark Activated Colour Changing Night Light Kit offers an ideal platform for teaching electronics and/or enclosure design. The colour-changing LED in this night-light kit is automatically illuminated and starts to cycle through various patterns when the light sensor has detected that is dark. The kit uses a light-activated board with a colour-changing LED. The kit contains all of the components required to build the circuit, including a USB power lead.
We have also produced detailed build instructions for students and fully comprehensive information for Teachers to produce lesson plans and schemes of work with minimal effort. A battery-powered version of this kit is also available and can be found here.
- This kit requires soldering.
- When in darkness, this Easy Build Kit generates various coloured illuminations using a Colour Changing LED.
- This kit can be used as a platform for teaching electronics and enclosure design.
- We have produced detailed build instructions for students (Essential Information).
- Additionally, we have produced fully comprehensive information for Teachers' lesson planning and schemes of work (Teaching Resources).
- A battery-powered version of this kit is also available and can be found here.
- 1 x 1MΩ Potentiometer.
- 2 x BC337 NPN Transistor.
- 1 x 220Ω Resistor.
- 1 x Phototransistor.
- 1 x Colour Changing (Rainbow) LED.
- 1 x USB Lead.
- 1 x USB Night Light PCB.
- PCB Length: 53mm.
- PCB Width: 25mm.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.