Kitronik Colour Changing Night Light Kit with batteries
The colour changing LED in this kit is automatically illuminated and starts to cycle through various patterns when the light sensor has detected that is dark. The kit uses the light activated board with a colour changing LED. The kit includes the light activated switch project kit (part 2112), accompanied by a battery clip, battery cage and rainbow LED. All individually bagged and ready for your students to build.
- When in darkness, this Easy Build Kit generates an array of different coloured illuminations using a Colour Changing LED.
- 1 x 100KΩ Potentiometer.
- 2 x BC337 NPN Transistor.
- 1 x 220Ω Resistor.
- 1 x Phototransistor.
- 1 x Colour Changing (Rainbow) LED.
- 1 x PP3 Clip Leads.
- 1 x 4AA Battery Holder.
- 1 x Night Light PCB
- PCB Length: 53mm.
- PCB Width: 25.5mm.
- Build Instructions.
- Teaching Notes.
- Autodesk files for this product.
- 3D CAD Files.
- Click here to find out more about Autodesk
- This kit requires soldering.
Teachers can order a sample of this kit (one per school) request a sample kit.
You will need to select the kit from a list of all the sample kits; the stock code for this kit is 2120.
Note: this service is only offered to schools for evaluation purposes only.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
This ornamental mood light is made from a semi-opaque thin sheet of plastic that has been curved into a cylinder to best catch the light.
This ornamental mood light is made from a semi-opaque thin sheet of plastic that has been curved into a cylinder to best catch the...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What is soldering? Soldering is a...
How to solder - an introductory guide: If you're new to soldering our Soldering School will have you up and running in no time. What...
Colour changing LEDs allow students to make excellent mood lights. The ‘dark activated colour changing LED kit’ uses a circuit with an input, process & output. It also adds some...
Colour changing LEDs allow students to make excellent mood lights. The ‘dark activated colour changing LED kit’ uses a circuit with an input, process &...
Yes it works fine from USB. It normally runs from 6V but I tested it down to 4V and it worked fine. A USB lead supplies 5V so that?s ok.
We sell a cable that goes into a USB port and the other end has two wires, positive and negative. You just solder these into the PCB where you would normally put the batteries.
The product code for the cable is 4101 and the product page is here http://www.kitronik.co.uk/products/batteries-holders-chargers-usb-power/power-supplies-and-usb-power/usb-power-lead/
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.