Basic - LiPo Micro-USB Charger plus lipo battery
The Sparkfun USB LiPo charger basic is a stripped down, no nonsense, 3.7V LiPo cell charger, charging at 500mA per hour. The charger basic is designed to charge single cell Li-Ion or Li-Polymer batteries.
Consisting of a charging circuit, LED, connector for the battery and a micro-USB connector, there is also a small mounting hole allowing the charger to be easily embedded into a project.
- Linear Charger Management Controller with integrated pass transistor, integrated current sense, and reverse discharge protection.
- Charge Current: 500mA.
- Thermal Regulation.
- Temperature Range: -40C to +85C.
- 1 x Sparkfun USB LiPo Charger Basic, with Micro-USB.
Possible applications include:
- Lithium-Ion/Lithium-Polymer Battery Chargers.
- Digital Cameras.
SparkFun Stock Code:
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Using a USB Charging cable, If I plug this into a USB Wall Charging Socket which has a 5.1V 2.1A output, would this board regulate the 2.1A down to the required 500ma for charging purposes of the Battery and would it be safe?
Hi Jess, No this product is just designed to charge the LiPo battery. If you wanted to have it power a circuit as well you would need this product, https://www.kitronik.co.uk/2215-power-cell-lipo-chargerbooster. There is a tutorial about how to connect it up that you can find here, https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/379.
Hi Lewis, This charger is designed to charge a 3.7V LiPo battery via the JST connector
Hi Rhys, This product is designed to charge LiPo batteries via the JST connector using a micro USB connector. As such you wouldn’t be able to charge a mobile phone with this device.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.