The Pololu Zumo chassis is a small, tracked robot platform that is less than 10 cm on each side, allowing it to qualify for Mini Sumo competitions.
The main body is composed of black ABS and features a compartment for four AA batteries and sockets for two micro metal gearmotors. It ships as a kit with two silicone tracks, two drive and two idler sprockets, a 1/16 inch (1.5mm) acrylic mounting plate, and mounting hardware. (Motors and batteries are not included.)
The Zumo chassis uses two motors, one for each tread. The ideal motors for your robot depend on your desired torque, speed, and current draw, so motors are not included with the chassis.
- A small, tracked robot platform that is less than 10 cm on each side, allowing it to qualify for Mini Sumo competitions.
- Add your own motors, motor driver and microcontroller to easily complete your Robot.
- 2 x Silicone Tracks.
- 2 x Drive Sprockets.
- 2 x Idler Sprockets.
- 1 x 1.5mm Acrylic Mounting Plate.
- Mounting hardware.
- 1 x Black ABS Body Featuring Battery compartment.
- For detailed dimensions download the Dimension Datasheet.
- Motors: The Zumo chassis uses two micro metal gearmotors, one for each tread. The motors are available seperately and we stock a 298:1 motor and a 50:1 motor.
- Electronics: You can add your own motor drivers, sensors, and programmable controllers to this chassis.
- Batteries: This chassis works with four AA batteries.
- Programmable Microcontroller: To control your robot you can use a microcontroller such as the microbit or Arduino.
- Pololu Zumo Chassis User’s Guide & Build Instructions.
- Guide to building a microbit controlled Zumo buggy.
Pololu Stock Code:
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.