The ISD1800 provides high quality, single-chip, single message, record/playback solution. It allows for user selectable durations of between 6 and 16 seconds. Other features on this CMOS chip include an on-chip oscillator (with external control), microphone pre-amp, automatic gain control, anti-aliasing filter, multilevel storage array, smoothing filter, and speaker amplifier.
Recordings are stored in on-chip non-volatile memory cells, providing zero-power message storage. This unique, single-chip solution is made possible through patented multilevel storage technology. Voice and audio signals are stored directly into memory in their natural form, providing high-quality, solid-state voice reproduction.
Additionally, there is an on-chip 8ohm speaker driver, 100 year unpowered message retention, it will typically allow for up to 100,000 record cycles, and at the end of playback/record the chip will automatically return to a low power standby mode. For full electrical characteristics, please refer to the datasheet.
- Easy-to-use single-chip, single-message voice record/playback solution.
- High-quality, natural voice/audio reproduction.
- Push-button interface.
- Variable record/playback duration controlled by external resistor selection.
- Automatic power-down mode.
- On-chip 8Ω speaker driver.
- Zero-power message storage.
- 100-year message retention (typical).
- 100,000 record cycles (typical).
- On-chip oscillator.
- No algorithm development required.
- Single +3 volt power supply.
- 1 x Record playback IC.
For full technical drawings, please refer to the datasheet.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.