Each of our new ZIP sticks has 5 individually addressable RGB LED’s. Each LED can be controlled independently and all LEDs are connected using the same three wire bus.
Each LED can produce a full spectrum of colours independent to all of the other LEDs on the bus. Each ZIP LED has a Red, Green and Blue element within the LED, and each of these can achieve 256 levels of brightness. This results in 16,777,216 possible output colours. Multiple ZIP LEDs can be connected to produce longer strings/strips.
- Simple 3 wire connection for all LEDs.
- Compatible with Adafruit NeoPixel and other WS2812B driver code.
- Integrated reset circuit.
- Supply voltage: 3.5V to 5V.
- 1 x Kitronik ZIP Stick.
- Length: 34.3mm.
- Width: 10.2mm.
- Height: 3.2mm.
- Hole Diameter: 2.2mm.
Insight Resources Mr Bit is an online educational coding platform that also features sections devoted to some of our key micro:bit accessories, including this kit. This content has been developed by Insight Resources and any questions relating to them should be directed at their contact information. To access these resources, please visit;
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
This is the second model from our Christmas fair, this time showing off our ZIP LEDs and how the Halo can be used to drive a whole RGB LED chain....
This is the second model from our Christmas fair, this time showing off our ZIP LEDs and how the Halo can be used to drive...
In this practical guide for Kitronik ZIP LEDs, we cover; what ZIP LEDs are, how they work and how to write code for them, using the Microsoft MakeCode Editor for...
In this practical guide for Kitronik ZIP LEDs, we cover; what ZIP LEDs are, how they work and how to write code for them, using...
For day eleven of our 12 Makes of Christmas we made a ZIP Halo Christmas Tree. Follow our step by step guide and make your own. This is quite an involved build as there is...
For day eleven of our 12 Makes of Christmas we made a ZIP Halo Christmas Tree. Follow our step by step guide and make your own. This is quite an...
Or - what's the easiest way to connect to it without soldering?
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.