Heart rate data can be really useful whether you’re designing an exercise routine, studying your activity, or just want your shirt to blink with your heart beat. The problem is that heart rate can be difficult to measure. Luckily the Pulse Sensor Amped can solve that problem!
The Pulse Sensor Amped is a plug-and-play heart-rate sensor for Arduino. It can be used by students, artists, athletes, makers, and game & mobile developers who want to easily incorporate live heart-rate data into their projects.
It combines a simple optical heart rate sensor with amplification and noise cancellation circuitry, making it fast and easy to get reliable pulse readings. It sips power with just 4mA current draw at 5V, so it’s great for mobile applications.
Simply clip the Pulse Sensor to your earlobe or finger tip, and plug it into your 3 or 5 Volt Arduino and you’re ready to read heart rate! The 61cm cable on the Pulse Sensor is terminated with standard male headers so there’s no soldering required. Arduino example code is available as well as a Processing sketch for visualizing heart rate data.
- Monitor your own heart rate and keep anxiety in check.
- Add live heart-rate data into your projects.
- It has a 4mA current draw at 5V so it’s great for mobile applications.
- Comes with an ear clip and finger strap.
- Has a 61cm cable terminated with breadboard style connectors.
- Also comes with transparent stickers to protect the sensor.
- 1 x Pulse Sensor Board.
- 1 x 61cm Color-Coded Cable with Standard Male Headers.
- 1 x Ear Clip for Earlobe Heart Rate Measurement.
- 1 x Finger Strap.
- 1 x Transparent Stickers to Protect Sensor.
- Cable Length: 61cm.
SparkFun Stock Code:
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.