The Monk Makes Electronics Kit 2 for micro:bit is the second Monk Makes electronics kit for the BBC micro:bit. The first kit is the Electronic Starter Kit, which was designed as an introduction to basic electronics and micro:bit. This kit continues on from that with 7 new, more advanced, projects to work through.
Note: The kit specifies the use of a micro:bit V2 but is not supplied with one. A micro:bit can be obtained separately here.
The kit contains the following components; MonkMakes Relay, MonkMakes RGB LED, Alligator Leads, Motor with Fan, Single AA Battery Box, and an LED Lamp. These components will allow you to complete all seven of the projects for this kit.
There is a downloadable full-colour 25-page booklet for the kit. The booklet covers the basics of getting up and running and a full rundown of each project. The guide also contains a troubleshooting section, in the event that the results of a project don't meet expectations.
All seven of the projects are coded with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor. This makes the projects easy to work through and the downloadable guide contains enough information to open this kit up to the novice.
- Learn how to combine code electronics and the micro:bit as you work through 7 projects.
- The kit contains all of the components required to complete the following 7 projects.
- Movement Alarm.
- Color Mixer.
- Fan Speed Controller.
- Clap Controller Fan.
- The downloadable guide walks you through, set up, completing the 7 projects and more.
- MonkMakes Relay
- MonkMakes RGB LED
- Alligator Leads
- Motor with Fan
- Single AA Battery Box
- LED Lamp
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.