Binary Blaster is a game designed to help teach what binary numbers are and how to convert from decimal (and hexadecimal) to binary quickly.
The game displays a value on the dual 7-segment displays, and the player is challenged to press the buttons in a way that represents the binary equivalent. Pressing a specific button allows a player to 'set' that bit while leaving a button alone leaves the bit 'clear'.
There are four buttons on the Binary Blaster, each one represents a bit giving the player 15 different binary number possibilities. If the player gets all 15 correct, they win! Additionally, each blaster also displays a time score after each game, giving the player the ability to keep track of their fastest speed and practice to get even faster!
Each Binary Blaster comes as an easy to assemble PTH soldering kit, and it's up to you to solder it all together! If you're new to soldering and looking to learn about the wonderful world of binary, then the Binary Blaster Kit is a great place to start!
- Easy to assemble through-hole soldering kit.
- Practice converting binary numbers against the clock.
- 1 x Binary Blaster PCB.
- 1 x Programmed ATMEGA328.
- 1 x PTH Buzzer.
- 1 x 10kΩ Resistor.
- 2 x 0.1uF Capacitor.
- 2 x 7-Segment Red LEDs.
- 2 x Mini Power Switches.
- 2 x AA Batteries.
- 4 x AA Battery Holders.
- 4 x Red LED Tactile Buttons.
- 4 x 4-40, 3/8" Phillips Machine Screws.
- 4 x 4-40, 3/8" Nylon Standoffs.
- Eagle Files.
- ATMEGA328 Datasheet.
- Assembly Guide (Assembly Instructions & How to Play).
- GitHub (Design Files & Example Code).
SparkFun Stock Code:
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.