Raspberry Pi 400 Personal Computer Kit is a complete, all-in-one Raspberry Pi 4-based personal computer. Just add a monitor and you have a powerful, low cost, desktop computer.
Meet the Raspberry Pi 400 Kit, the all-in-one personal computer kit based on the Raspberry Pi 4. The kit includes Raspberry Pi 400, power supply, HDMI cable, preloaded 16GB microSD card with Raspberry Pi OS installed, mouse, and Beginner guide. Add a monitor and you have a powerful, low cost, and feature-packed desktop computer. We don't think there is an out of the box solution that comes close to the functionality and power of the Pi 400.
So what is the Raspberry Pi 400? First, you take a Raspberry Pi keyboard and hub. Then, you redesign the Raspberry Pi 4 board into a slimmer and longer format. Additionally, you increase the CPU from 1.5GHz to 1.8GHz! Put all of those things together in one unit and you have a convenient and powerful personal computer fit for any task. For the first time, desktop computing and single board computer prototyping have been brought together in one small extremely powerful package. Much like when personal computers first launched on the market, all you need is a monitor/TV and you are good to go. Only this time you have the added convenience of not needing to mod in extra RAM or buy additional storage space/booting media.
What are the differences between a Raspberry Pi 4 and a Pi 400 kit? Aside from the obvious addition of an integrated keyboard, there are a couple of other key considerations. Firstly, the CPU on the Pi 4 is an impressive 1.5GHz, on the Pi 400 it's a whopping 1.8GHz! It's not just overclocked either, it's a newer version of the chip with all of the bug fixes that go along with that. What about cooling? The Pi 400 contains a massive heat sink in the case, so you should never lose your cool, no matter what you ask of it. The Pi 400 does though have one fewer USB 2.0 than the Pi 4 as it's been routed internally for use with the integrated keyboard. Finally, the Pi 4's DSI display, CSI camera, and audio out ports are not present on the Pi 400 as those functions can be achieved by other means.
As a Desktop:
The Pi 400's 1.8GHz CPU, 4GB of RAM, dual micro HDMI ports, wireless LAN, and connectivity options all combine to deliver the full desktop experience that's comparable to entry-level PCs.
IO & Connectivity:
The horizontal 40-pin GPIO header ensures that the Pi 400 can continue to deliver for your projects in the same way as any version of the Pi. The Raspberry Pi 400 has two USB 3.0 ports, perfect for connecting fast peripherals like SSDs and flash drives. There is also s USB 2.0 ports ideal for connecting peripherals like a mouse.
The dual-band (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz) IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless LAN paves the way to speedy networking with a strong reception and interference filtering. The Pi 400 also features Bluetooth 5.0 for seamless communication with Bluetooth devices without the need for a dongle.
Dual Monitor Support:
The two micro-HDMI ports have support for up to 4Kp60, allowing you to enjoy a twin monitor, high resolution, setup. No more window dancing as you work! You can also watch your favourite movies in a crisp 4K resolution on a large monitor.
- The kit includes Raspberry Pi 400, power supply, HDMI cable, preloaded 16GB microSD card with Raspberry Pi OS installed, mouse, and Beginner guide. Just add a monitor!
- Processor: Quad-core 1.8GHz Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit (BCM2711).
- RAM: 4GB (LPDDR4-3200).
- Dual-band (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz) IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE.
- Gigabit Ethernet.
- 2 × USB 3.0 and 1 × USB 2.0 ports.
- Horizontal 40-pin GPIO header.
- 2 × micro HDMI ports (supports up to 4Kp60).
- H.265 (4Kp60 decode) / H.264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
- OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics.
- 78- or 79-key compact keyboard (depending on regional variant).
- Power: 5V DC via USB-C connector.
- Security: Security lock port.
- Cooling: Large internal heat-sink plate and underside vents
- Operating temperature: 0°C to +50°C.
- Dimensions: 286 mm × 122 mm × 23 mm (maximum)
- It offers the perfect platform for learning/teaching; coding, Linux, IoT systems, streaming media, playing games, automated domestic and industrial applications, or your complete desktop solution and much much more.
- Raspberry Pi 400.
- Raspberry Pi Official USB-C Power Supply.
- Raspberry Pi Official Mouse.
- 1m micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable.
- 16GB pre-loaded micro-SD card.
- Raspberry Pi Beginners Guide.
Possible applications include:
- Media streaming (Music, Video, Twitch).
- Learning/Teaching coding.
- Learning/Teaching IoT./.-0
- Learning/Teaching Linux.
- A complete home computing desktop computer solution to rival a PC.
- Gaming, including running retro games.
- Server, web server, and NAS.
- Single or dual HDMI monitor. The Pi can support resolutions of up to 4k.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.