The Display HAT Mini for Raspberry Pi is a bright 18-bit capable 320 x 240 IPS LCD display. The Generous 2" screen displays vibrant colours at wide IPS viewing angles. It will work with any model of Pi with a 40-pin header, but we think it goes with the Raspberry Pi Zero particularly well. Included are a pair of standoffs that you can use to bolt HAT and Pi together, making a sturdy little unit.
The Display HAT Mini lets turn a Raspberry Pi into a handy IoT control panel, a dynamic photo frame, a digital art display, or a handy desktop display for news or other handy information via APIs. You can also use it for gaming, retro or modern, as the screen dimensions give it a ratio of 3:2, which is ideal.
The board features four tactile buttons, for interacting with the Pi, and there is also an RGB LED for notifications. There is also a QwST connector (Qwiic / STEMMA QT) and a Breakout Garden header so it's a doddle to connect up different kinds of breakouts. To accommodate the screen, Display HAT Mini is a bit bigger than a standard mini HAT or pHAT - it's around 5mm taller than a Pi Zero (so a Mini HAT XL or a Mini HAT Pro).
To get started, follow the installation instructions in the Display HAT Mini library. This library contains some examples of how to use the screen, buttons and LED with Pygame. You can also find examples for this screen in our ST7789 Python library, these show you how to write and draw on the screen using PIL to display shapes, text and gifs.
- The buttons are close to the edge of the screen, so it's worth taking a bit of care when pressing the buttons that you're not also pressing down on the screen, particularly at the edge with the ribbon cable.
- Please note that because of Display HAT Mini's extra size, it will overhang adjacent slots on expansion boards like pHAT Stack, Black HAT Hacker, HAT Hacker HAT and Flat HAT Hacker. No shame - every HAT is valid, every HAT is beautiful.
- We've found two standoffs to be sufficient to keep this HAT firmly in place, but if using a Pi Zero you could get extra standoffs to have one in each corner.
- The Display HAT Mini for Raspberry Pi is a bright 18-bit capable 320 x 240 IPS LCD display.
- Turn the Pi into a handy IoT control panel, a dynamic photo frame, a digital art display, or a handy desktop display for news or other handy information via APIs.
- You can also use it for gaming, retro or modern, as the screen dimensions give it a ratio of 3:2, which is ideal.
- 2.0” 320x240 pixel IPS LCD screen, connected via SPI (~220 PPI, 65K colours)
- 4 x tactile buttons.
- An RGB LED.
- Qw/ST (Qwiic/STEMMA QT) connector.
- Breakout Garden / I2C header.
- Pre-soldered socket header for attaching to Raspberry Pi.
- Compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi with a 40-pin header..
- Fully assembled.
- No soldering is required (as long as your Pi has header pins attached).
- Dimensions: approx 65.5mm x 35mm x 9mm (W x H x D, includes header and display). With a Pi Zero attached with standoffs, the total depth is 17mm.
- Screen usable area: 40.8mm x 30.6mm (L x W).
- 1 x Pimoroni Display HAT Mini for Raspberry Pi.
- 2 x 10mm standoffs.
- Length: 65.5mm
- Width: 35mm.
- Height: 9mm.
- Useable Screen Length: 40.8mm
- Useable Screen Width: 30.6mm.
- Screen Ratio: 3:2.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.