Develop your coding skills with the Kitronik ARCADE, a fully featured programmable gamepad for use with the MakeCode Arcade block editor.
Reuseable Storage Container:This Retail version is shipped in a transparent plastic container. The container can be used to store the ARCADE when not in use, protecting it from accidental damage. The box can also be used to store other items. It would make a great workbench tidy, use it to store all of the small parts and fixings for the job in hand!
Education:The emphasis for MakeCode Arcade is Education and there are a wealth of resources available on the MakeCode Arcade website to facilitate this. There are; guided tutorials that walk you through creating simple games, more complex games that you can open and learn from, games written by community members that you can learn from, game concepts tutorials, tutorials that explore graphics and Maths, lesson plans, CS courses, printable coding cards for the classroom, video tutorials, and much more!
The Kitronik ARCADE has been specifically designed to offer the perfect platform for running these games. It's packed full of features and has been ergonomically designed for comfort and ease of use. It features a full colour LCD wide viewing angle screen, a piezo sounder for audio feedback, a vibration motor for haptic feedback, 6 gamer input buttons, a menu button, a reset button and an on/off switch. Everything you need for the perfect gaming experience. It also features a software volume control, a USB programming port, and 2 expansion ports for the expert level users.
The ARCADE can be powered by either 3xAA batteries or via the micro USB connector, with the battery holders located on the rear of the PCB. The three battery holders have been positioned to also act as hand grips for maximum comfort and control when gaming.
Here be dragons:And for the advanced user, we have 2 expansion ports and a debugging port. The expansion ports give you direct access to the microprocessor pins and the debug port allows you to customise the bootloader code. For more information, please see the last page of the datasheet and our GitHub repository. Permanent damage can happen here, so don't venture in unless you've trained your dragon.
- The Kitronik ARCADE is a feature packed handheld gamepad for use with the Microsoft Arcade editor.
- Use the wealth of educational material available to create a game from the ground up or tweak existing code and learn the open source way.
- It features a full colour LCD wide viewing angle screen.
- It has a piezo sounder for audio feedback.
- Make use of the vibration motor for haptic feedback.
- It also features; 6 gamer input buttons, a menu button, a reset button and an on/off switch.
- There is also a software volume control, a USB programming port, and 2 expansion ports for the expert level users.
- The ARCADE can be powered by either 3xAA batteries (included) or via the micro USB connector (also included).
- ARCADE is supplied in a transparent reuseable plastic container, also included are batteries and a USB lead.
- 1 x ARCADE for MakeCode Arcade gamepad.
- Laser cut protective case parts and fixings.
- 4 x GP AA Batteries.
- A 1m USB Type-A to Micro-B USB Noodle Cable.
- Quick start booklet.
- Reuseable transparent plastic container.
- Length: 155mm.
- Width (Max): 60mm.
- Height (Max): 28.3mm.
- Access countless hours of tutorials, lesson plans and more at the MakeCode Arcade website.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
|Operating Voltage (Vcc)||3xAA – Alkaline or NiMH/NiCad (3.6-4.5V) or USB (typically 5V).|
|LCD screen resolution||160 x 128.|
|LCD screen size||1.77 inch (diagonal).|
|Typical Current Draw||Approx. 80mA (depending on use).|
|Typical Battery life (based on 3xAA 1500mAh batteries)||Approx. 20 hours (depending on use).|
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate click here.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer click here.
It wouldn't with an Iphone due to the way apple do their configurations but with an android it should work. We haven't tested it but when connected to a PC it appears as a USB device so if you set it to transfer files to USB it should allow that.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.