Buy locally from a partner
Kitronik Line Following add-on plus micro:bit
Kitronik Line Following add-on plus :MOVE mini
Add line following functionality to the Kitronik MOVE mini MK2 for the BBC micro:bit with this easy to assemble add-on kit. This version of the line following add on has been designed to fit both the new :MOVE mini MK2 and the original version. The assembly instructions for both can be found in the Resources section below.
This add-on comes with all the parts required to add line following functionality to the :MOVE mini and does not require any soldering. Once built, the sensitivity of the left and right sensors can be individually tweaked to ensure smooth operation.
See the resource section below to download the line following code example we created. By default the code will cause the buggy to follow a dark line on a light background but the code can be altered to do the opposite.
There is no soldering required but the kit does require some mechanically assembly.
- Add line following functionality to the :MOVE mini for the BBC micro:bit.
- Can either follow a dark line on a light back ground or a light line on a dark background.
- The line following sensitivity can be adjusted with a screwdriver.
- No Soldering required.
- Example line following code is provided.
- This product is backwards compatible with the first version of :MOVE mini. There are two sets of assembly instructions in the resources section below.
- 1 x :MOVE Sensor Interface for the BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x :MOVE Line Following board for the BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x Connector Cable.
- 2 x CS M3 8mm Screws.
- 2 x M3 Hex Full Width Nut.
- 5 x CS M3 12mm Screws.
- 2 x 6mm Spacers.
- 2 x 12mm CS Screws.
- 1 x :MOVE mini buggy kit.
- 1 x BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x Micro USB Cable.
- 1 x Small flat bladed screwdriver.
- 1 x Small phillips screwdriver.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Thank you for your question you would be able to use the trailer add on at the same time as the line follower but the other two add ons use some of the same space as line follower so would not be able to be used.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.