Kitronik Clippable Detector Board plus micro:bit
Kitronik Clippable Detector Board plus simple robotics kit
The Clippable Detector board for the BBC micro:bit detects light, objects and can follow lines. The board is compatible directly with the BBC micro:bit and certain Kitronik boards, such as the Klip Motor Board.
The board works by using phototransistors to detect the reflectiveness of different surfaces. The Clippable Detector board has 3 phototransistor sensors evenly spaced out from each other. The sensors provide an analogue voltage to the BBC microbit. Five connections are required for full operation. These connections match those on a BBC micro:bit and can be attached using either bolts or croc-clip leads.
Coding MakeCode Blocks:We have produced a set of custom MakeCode blocks for the Clippable Detector board. To add them to the editor, select the cog icon in the top right of the editor. Then, select Extensions from the drop down menu and in the search bar type and enter Kitronik. Pick the tile from the list and the new blocks will be added to the menu in the editor.
Coding MicroPython:It is also possible to use MicroPython to write code for this board. For MicroPython example code visit our GitHub page here.
- Use the board to detect light, objects or to follow lines.
- The board is fitted with 3 phototransistors that detect the reflectiveness of different surfaces.
- Connect the board directly to the micro:bit or connect using croc-clip leads.
- We've created custom MakeCode blocks to make the job of coding as easy as possible.
- You can also code it with MicroPython, you can find example code here.
- 1 x Clippable Detector board for the BBC micro:bit.
- Length: 77mm.
- Width: 20mm.
- Height: 2.8mm.
- Mounting Hole Diameter: 3mm.
- BBC micro:bit.
- Micro USB cable.
- Crocodile clip-leads, if not bolting the board directly to the microbit.
This product is designed and manufactured in the UK by Kitronik.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.