The Raspberry Pi 5; is the newest version of everyone's favourite tiny and affordable quad-core computer that can fit in your pocket and has the power and performance of a desktop PC.
Raspberry Pi 5 builds on the phenomenal success of Raspberry Pi 4. Featuring a 64-bit quad-core Arm Cortex-A76 processor running at 2.4GHz, Raspberry Pi 5 delivers a 2–3× increase in CPU performance relative to Raspberry Pi 4. Alongside a substantial uplift in graphics performance from an 800MHz VideoCore VII GPU. Other enhancements include improvements to camera i/o, display, and USB interfacing (Aggregate USB bandwidth is more than doubled). The Raspberry Pi 5 delivers a smoother desktop experience and performance that opens the door to new applications for industrial customers.
These interfacing improvements are delivered by the RP1 I/O controller chip, designed in-house at Raspberry Pi. For the first time, there is Raspberry Pi silicon on a flagship product! The Raspberry Pi 5 is a quad-core computer that can drive 2 x 4k monitors, LPDDR4X-4267 SDRAM, Gigabit Ethernet, with PoE+ support, USB3.0, wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, and more! It has all of the specs and the raw performance normally found on desktop PCs. The Raspberry Pi 5 is currently available in both 4BG & 8GB versions. For the first time, the Pi now features its own onboard on/off switch.
The new Pi offers the perfect coding environment for all ability levels and there are plenty of guides online for any kind of project you can imagine. The onboard connectivity; Wifi, USB2.0/3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, and Bluetooth give you all of the networking options you could possibly want. The 40-pin GPIO connectors mean that you can expand the board via HATs and connect a whole array of extra devices.
The Raspberry Pi 5 is 100% ready for education, it offers the perfect platform for learning and teaching; coding, Linux, IoT systems, streaming media, playing games, automated domestic and industrial applications, a complete desktop solution, and much much more.
- The Raspberry Pi 5 is the latest model of everyone's favourite single-board computer.
- Pi 5 sees significant upgrades and speed increases (2-3x in CPU performance) over its predecessor, the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B. A full feature comparison can be found here.
- The board is available in both 4GB and 8GB versions.
- It offers performance that rivals entry-level PCs at a fraction of the cost.
- It offers the perfect platform for learning/teaching; coding, Linux, IoT systems, streaming media, playing games, automated domestic and industrial applications, or your complete desktop solution and much more.
- It is the first time the flagship product has features Raspberry Pi silicon, the RP1 I/O controller chip has been designed in-house at Raspberry Pi HQ.
- Each board will include a marking on the upper side of the PCB to identify what memory density is fitted to a specific board.
- All boards now carry a unique serial number on the PCB.
- Raspberry Pi 5 will remain in production until at least January 2035.
- The Raspberry Pi 5 tech specs are;
- CPU: 2.4GHz quad-core, 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76, with 512KB L2 cache and a 2MB shared L3 cache.
- GPU: 800MHz VideoCore VII GPU supporting OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.2.
- RAM: LPDDR4X-4267 SDRAM (4GB or 8GB).
- WiFi: Dual band 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
- Storage: Micro SD card slot, with support for high-speed SDR104 mode.
- USB 3.0: 2 x USB 3.0 ports, supporting simultaneous 5Gbps operation.
- USB 2.0: 2 x USB 3.0 ports.
- Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet, with PoE+ support (requires PoE+ HAT).
- HDMI: 2 x micro-HDMI® ports (up to 4kp60 supported) HEVC decoder and HDR support.
- DSI/CSI: 2 × 4 lane MIPI camera/display transceivers (3x bandwidth improvement).
- PCle: PCIe 2.0 x1 interface for fast peripherals (requires separate M.2 HAT or other adapter).
- Power: 5V/5A DC power via USB-C, with Power Delivery support.
- GPIO: Raspberry Pi standard 40-pin header (Backwards compatible).
- RTC: Real-Time Clock (RTC), powered by an external battery.
- On/Off Switch: On-board power button!!
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 5 (4GB or 8GB).
The Pi 5 is available in the following versions:
- Raspberry Pi 5 4GB - SKU: 5047
- Raspberry Pi 5 8GB - SKU: 5048
- Length: 85mm.
- Width: 56mm.
- Height: 17mm.
Possible applications include:
- Media streaming (Music, Video, Twitch).
- Learning/Teaching coding.
- Learning/Teaching IoT.
- Learning/Teaching Linux.
- A home desktop computer solution to rival a PC.
- Gaming, including running retro games and console emulation.
Same Day Dispatch
- Orders placed online before 3:00pm Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays and our Christmas shutdown period) are always dispatched the same day provided the goods are in stock. If the goods are not in stock we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss a dispatch date.
- If you live on the UK mainland and don't have any large materials or lithium batteries in your order it will cost £3.95 (£4.74 including VAT) if you spend less than £40 (£48 including VAT).
- If you spend between £40 and £200 (£48 - £240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free to most locations, £12 (£14.40 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to Northern Ireland and £15 (£18.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) to UK remote locations. For a list of postcodes that will be charged the remote location rate: remote area list.
- If you spend over £200 (£240.00 including VAT, excluding large materials or lithium batteries) delivery is free within the UK.
Rest of the world
- These orders are sent via UPS, and the cost is dependant on the service you choose at checkout. Alternatively you can choose the free collection option and have your own courier collect it from us. International orders can only be shipped to the registered card address. Please note: International orders may be charged import duty dependant on local import laws and duty rates. These charges are usually billed to you directly from UPS.
- Delivery times vary for international orders depending on the service selected and the destination. You can see the delivery time and cost at the shipping stage, or by using the shipping estimator from within the shipping basket.
- If you would like to collect your order, or use your own courier then there is an option you can select during checkout. We do not charge a packaging or handling fee for this service, and you will receive an email when your order has been processed, you can collect half an hour after receipt of this email.
- For information about all of the delivery options we offer see full delivery details.
Ask a question about this product
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.